Wanderlei welcomes Rafael Cordeiro

ttt for wand

good stuff.  Question, why was the training wearing the headgear with cage on it?  I didn't see him getting hit with it on???

Keven

www.warrior-one.com

^probably doesnt wanna get axe murdered

God in heaven, I hope Rafael cleans Wandy up and fast. I don't think there's enough time before the Franklin fight for him to get technically rehabilitated, but at the very least try to drill in his head the idea of keeping his f'ing hands UP!

With that said, the training footage looked great and as always, I have high hopes for Wand in his next bout.

They hell can you not just love this guy!!!!!!!!

Wand seems a lot slower than when he was younger..........

But i just cant figure out why! 

WOW Wand is the man.

I didn't know Rafael left Chute Boxe. Damn that team has fallen apart big time

Reggie Warren Sr - Wand seems a lot slower than when he was younger..........

But i just cant figure out why! 

Sup

double

I am hoping that Wand has a great fight against Franklin.  Both are great guys and very good fighters, but I will always want Wanderlei to come out on top.

what is rafael good at other than getting kneebar'd by sato and throwing cheapshots at mark coleman? :) seriously... i think wand is a classy, loyal dude, but i don't see what he could learn from cordeiro.

Rafael will focus on using MT to fight inside, clinch and throw knees and elbows.

"what is rafael good at other than getting kneebar'd by sato and throwing cheapshots at mark coleman? :) seriously"

What is Greg Jackson good at? I didnt know you had to be a top fighter to be a good trainer

Diego stole my name - "what is rafael good at other than getting kneebar'd by sato and throwing cheapshots at mark coleman? :) seriously"

What is Greg Jackson good at? I didnt know you had to be a top fighter to be a good trainer

Well said

buvaiser - what is rafael good at other than getting kneebar'd by sato and throwing cheapshots at mark coleman? :) seriously... i think wand is a classy, loyal dude, but i don't see what he could learn from cordeiro.

Rafael is known as a great trainer. Some guys are better trainers than fighters. Shawn Tompkins being a prime example. Of course, it's really no shame getting kneebarred by Rumina, especially Rumina in his prime.

I also didn't know he left Chute Boxe. He was one of the main trainers there. Who the hell is left? What happened?

Ryan G - 
buvaiser - what is rafael good at other than getting kneebar'd by sato and throwing cheapshots at mark coleman? :) seriously... i think wand is a classy, loyal dude, but i don't see what he could learn from cordeiro.

Rafael is known as a great trainer. Some guys are better trainers than fighters. Shawn Tompkins being a prime example. Of course, it's really no shame getting kneebarred by Rumina, especially Rumina in his prime.

I also didn't know he left Chute Boxe. He was one of the main trainers there. Who the hell is left? What happened?

There was a thread on this and stories on the various MMA news sites.  I think it was earlier this year?  He opened a gym in California if I'm not mistaken.

good to see hes back to his roots and not with thompkins anymore should be a impressiave performance this time around

War Wanderlei! it will be good to see him return to his base of Muay Thai... That's what made him a star in Japan and can hopefully bring him back to that level of dominance and devastation!