Wands Best Strategy........

is to take this fight to the ground IMO. I haven't heard this from anyone yet but he really just needs to win this fight.

I do respect and love his desire to brawl and "live by the sword/die by the sword" but if he gets KO'ed again DFW has said that "it will be time for a conversation".

Cung Le's biggest weakness has to be his ground game and this is probably Wand's best chance at success. Wand's ground game is very underrated because he never uses it.

Can Wand avoid the temptation to get in there and bang and rather go for a takedown and submission???????

Wand taking Le down wouldn't surprise me. I'd assume itd be to keep Le guessing, and that's it.

Regardless I'm excited to see this fight. It has the potential to be a war, and I'm hoping it goes past the first round. Phone Post

Le's got good takedown defense from his Shidokan fighting. Phone Post

Personally I think Wand needs to swarm him and turn this into a fight in a phone booth. If he doesn't keep the pressure up he's going to end up stretched out

jkennedy - Personally I think Wand needs to swarm him and turn this into a fight in a phone booth. If he doesn't keep the pressure up he's going to end up stretched out

jkennedy - Personally I think Wand needs to swarm him and turn this into a fight in a phone booth. If he doesn't keep the pressure up he's going to end up stretched out

I don't know man....I still think that Wand just needs to win, and to me his best chance is by choke or armbar/triangle... I would just hate to see his career end tonight with another KO. I truly believe from watching DFW's latest interview with Helwani that Wand will be done in the UFC if he is KO'ed tonight.

His best strategy is to retire from fighting and concentrate on his gym, students, and family. Even if he makes it past Le we all know that his best days are behind him. Berserker Wand disappeared a long time ago and is never coming back. Phone Post

His best strategy is what he did vs Leben. I am serious, Cung Le is going to massacre Wandy standing if it stays there, at least try to get a lucky haymaker KO when you are rushing in and swinging for the fences. Either he will get lucky and KO Cung, or he will get his lights shut off again.

I have a feeling if he tries to fight smart, stays defensive, he is going to lose the fight by brutal KO anyway, somewhere in the 3rd, but he is going to have broken ribs (from powerful spinning back kicks), and a broken orbital bone also.

I love Wand but he's in just as much danger of losing a decision as he is getting KO'd. I can see Le using his speed, staying on the outside and avoiding the ground game entirely. Bad news for Wand.

That said, that's what Bisping wanted to do and he lost.

kinkle - His best strategy is what he did vs Leben. I am serious, Cung Le is going to massacre Wandy standing if it stays there, at least try to get a lucky haymaker KO when you are rushing in and swinging for the fences. Either he will get lucky and KO Cung, or he will get his lights shut off again.

I have a feeling if he tries to fight smart, stays defensive, he is going to lose the fight by brutal KO anyway, somewhere in the 3rd, but he is going to have broken ribs (from powerful spinning back kicks), and a broken orbital bone also.

So...why wouldn't you think he should take the fight to the ground and try for a submission. His ground game/Ju-Jitsu has to be far superior to Cungs.

breakbeatbox - I love Wand but he's in just as much danger of losing a decision as he is getting KO'd. I can see Le using his speed, staying on the outside and avoiding the ground game entirely. Bad news for Wand.

That said, that's what Bisping wanted to do and he lost.

Yeah, I just hate seeing him go out with another big KO loss. I don't think his career can survive another KO.

Cung is a great wrestler, when have we ever seen Wandy going for takedowns and trying to submit his opponent? I don't think he can take Cung down, and I for sure don't think he'd win the fight pulling guard.

huh...