WAR LOMBARD! Re: Australia

Sorry no news on the Brisbane card just yet..

However, Last time the UFC came to AUS I went down to the weigh ins, I came in a little late and was right up the back thinking what shitty seats I had, Next minute Lombard walks in and sits right next to me! The dude was nice as hell (because we weren't sparring) and stayed there until the end of the weigh in just talking about fights and the AUS MMA scene.

NOW; I Was looking at Hectors Instagram today and noticed that he is responding to an incredible amount of Aussies that are talking to him! He really looks at Australia as home and is hungry to come fight on the Brisbane card.

So head to twitter and tag DFW and Lorenzo and lets get this MF'er a FIGHT!!

WAR LOMBARD!!

Oath mate Phone Post

Atkinson - If you watched the post fight conference ol Hector has even picked up on some of our more intricate phrases. The way he talks and even his tone is becoming quite Aussie. It's obvious he loves this country and given his story it's no surprise.

I hope he continues to keep his cool in the gym and becomes a contender soon. Phone Post 3.0

Haha, yeh I caught that. I always wondered what made him Cuban-Australian, and took it with a grain of salt. But he was saying he sees Aus as his true home as it gave him his start in fighting.

Anyone have any ideas of who would line up for the Brisbane card? I doubt it would happen but id love to see Lombard fight Ellenberger!

I don't think they would do it as the card has enough star power for an international card by UFCs standards.

Would be great though as I'm going to that event with great seats. Phone Post 3.0

slamming - I don't think they would do it as the card has enough star power for an international card by UFCs standards.

Would be great though as I'm going to that event with great seats. Phone Post 3.0

You're probably right about that, this card is about as good as it gets for an AUS card, but Dana it wouldn't surprise me at this point if Lombard was added just because of how much he's been asking.

I just doubt he'll get someone like Ellenberger, more likely feed him someone to smash. Pyle at best..

The Fella - 

Didnt Hunt trying something similar and the UFC turned him down .....

would be awesome if they booked a fight for Lombard though.

What did Hunt try? Im little confused what you mean cause hes on the card.

Signed! Hector received a huge pop with his win over Palhares last year! Phone Post 3.0

Atkinson - If you watched the post fight conference ol Hector has even picked up on some of our more intricate phrases. The way he talks and even his tone is becoming quite Aussie. It's obvious he loves this country and given his story it's no surprise.

I hope he continues to keep his cool in the gym and becomes a contender soon. Phone Post 3.0
He has been living in Australia for quite a while so this isn't really a surprise. Not trying to be an ass. Phone Post 3.0

Seen him fight on the last Aussie card that was insane live! Especially the whole flag thing after (not sure if it was shown on TV)

Got him on insta and he sure is replying to just about everyone! His a beast and your a lucky bastard cool story! Phone Post 3.0

Didn't he say he considers himself Australian?

Yeh he does ^

Someone actually asked something about Latin America and he said " I love Latin American People" - Then a minute later " At the same time I am always going to represent the country that let my dreams come true! I start my fighting career in Australia and they stood and stand behind me now!"

I would seriously consider him as an Aussie champ if he wins the belt, which he might. War Hector all day baby..

Willo232 - Yeh he does ^

Someone actually asked something about Latin America and he said " I love Latin American People" - Then a minute later " At the same time I am always going to represent the country that let my dreams come true! I start my fighting career in Australia and they stood and stand behind me now!"

I would seriously consider him as an Aussie champ if he wins the belt, which he might. War Hector all day baby..
Yeah his an Aussie in my eyes love to see him with the title hopefully he gets some big name fights and makes a run at it Phone Post 3.0

We adopted Kostya as one of us, why not Hector?!

Straya Phone Post 3.0

You guys seem pretty desperate Phone Post 3.0