WAR MACHINE GOES ROGUE (PERSONAL PICS)

dubate - 
RobinVanRooney - He might not come across the best but he has a point I guess. Phone Post 3.0

Really? What was it? Phone Post

It was that his poor Hungarian wife got deported.....but he has a new girlfriend now.

War Machine's awesome.

I actually think he makes a lot fo good points

1. Damn at pushing a Hernia in.
    2. Mack? Damn, son... Phone Post
RobinVanRooney -
dubate -
RobinVanRooney - He might not come across the best but he has a point I guess. Phone Post 3.0

About the sponsors offering a couple of hundred bucks to wear a shirt for bellator etc... Do you not agree they should be paying them more than $200? Phone Post 3.0
Well, what if that's what they could afford? Do you know any different? Have you seen their books? Phone Post 3.0

Sounds like someone with severe mental problems. SEVERE MENTAL PROBLEMS Phone Post 3.0

What company wouldn't fork over big bucks to have such an articulate ambassador for the sport and reliable company man wear their logo?

badpvtdan - 
RobinVanRooney -
dubate -

About the sponsors offering a couple of hundred bucks to wear a shirt for bellator etc... Do you not agree they should be paying them more than $200? Phone Post 3.0
Well, what if that's what they could afford? Do you know any different? Have you seen their books? Phone Post 3.0

Some companies like to be involved and support fighters the best they can, sometimes they are small companies and they don't have huge budgets. To some people, a few hundred dollars is a great addition and to others it is not enough. In that aspect, to each his own.

It also is based on the market. If a large percentage are taking deals in this range then there is no logical reason to pay 4-5x the amount for the same TV exposure and fighter endorsement.

Flawed system, yes. Is it only the fighter or the sponsors fault solely, no. Everyone has a stake in the current MMA sponsorship market. 

Unfortunately I have seen his rod.

Thanks tapout forum

here's a pretty sweet quote regarding his nick name, I mean legal name.

"No. My buddy, my old mentor, Phil Baroni, he just named me that one day. I got these two tattoos and they're, like, biomechanical; it's like my skin's tearing off like I'm a robot underneath, like I'm a machine. I don't know, I was new; I was like 20-years-old, 21 and he was like,"We got to find you a nick name, man." I said, "F*ck, I don't know," and then he came up with "War Machine," so it stuck. I think that was just a coincidence because that was, like, an obscure comic. I actually didn't find that out until recently that there was a "War Machine" comic. Plus, that guy is black anyway. I would never name myself after a black guy. If I wanted to be a comic guy, I would pick someone that looked like me."

Damn, why does such a lackluster fighter get so much attention?

He has a point really. There seems to be many rich business men profiting off something they don't have the balls to do themselves. There is room to pay fighters more. Phone Post

I can't believe that I'm going to say this, but he made some damn good points. 

Cush Phone Post 3.0

I can respect any man (or woman, or I guess man-woman as well) that steps foot inside a cage and is willing to test each others mettle.  I think it's inspiring to see two men battle each other to see who is the best.

But anytime fighters like Koppenhaver speak out on the bullshit involved with MMA, whether or not it's a legit gripe, they do it in a way that makes them come off like ignorant assholes.  This isn't the first time Jon has said some absurd shit.  He's basically shitting on any fighter who can't get a sponser worth more than 500 dollars, but it isn't like he's doing much better.

Koppenhaver, Roger Huerta, all these fighters who have a bit of hype behind them and never live up to it, complain about shit that really no one has any control over, and they come off looking and sounding foolish. 

Ugh. Whatever, If I never heard another word from this idiot, I'd be fine with that.   Go on a 5 fight win streak and prove to us that you belong in amongst the best of the MMA world Jon, and maybe people will pay you more attention than you are used to getting, and maybe the sponserships you obtain will actually be worth your time.

Rantuckjr - 
irishrottie - 

Anyone on here know any professional fighters? If so you can vouch that most are grinding, sacraficing all and most will come out of it with fuck all. The system is fucked.

Haven't most (if not all) of the pros on this forum come on here and said they make a lot more than what is disclosed to the public and they are doing pretty well with contract+bonus+sponsorships?

Maybe UFC guys, but not 99.9% of pro fighters.

Here in the UK if you can get a monetary sponsor at all for a fight then you're one of a very privileged few.

I've had 26 fights total and am 9-2 pro, have been televised worldwide and fought internationally but not once had a penny from a sponsor, only bits of training equipment or supplements.

I've been happy with that, don't get me wrong. I choose to do it and if money was my main motivating factor then I wouldn't bother. It's the choice of the individual to engage in the lifestyle, knowing the good money only comes at the very top.

However, it'd always be nice to see lower tier dudes (and everyone for that matter) getting more wedge, but you know the pitfalls when you get into it.

He's using his notoriety for good imo. If every fighter had the same mentality of "that's just how it is"pay would never change. Phone Post

WM always entertaining =P Phone Post

And with statements like those, why would sponsors not LEAP at the chance to work with him? Phone Post 3.0

Jay-dog - He's using his notoriety for good imo. If every fighter had the same mentality of "that's just how it is"pay would never change. Phone Post
This. Phone Post 3.0