Warhammer - your char

It's a little soon yet, but I'm curious what everyone is interested in so far for race/classes for warhammer when you roll your first char. There's no real info on the dark elves, etc...but anyone have any initial thoughts?

I don't want to be human or any kind of elf.

Greenskins look cool...

If it was 40K then I would have jumped to Tyranids so fucking fast. I have no interest in this version though.

Warrior Priest. Been thinking about making this thread also, so, no, its not too soon.

Orc Choppa definently

I must be in the minority as this game doesn't excite me at all, but I'll probably have a look anyway. Looks a bit cartoony from what I've seen

http://www.warhammeronline.com/english/gameInfo/armiesofWAR/Chaos/Careers/images/ChosenImg_04.jpg

Ummm no shit

LOL. That's great D for being a WoW junkie Squat...

warhammer is a board game right now?

Warhammer started as a board game a very very long time ago and went on to be various shitty video games until Dawn of War game out...

Basically Starcraft and Warcraft are both giant ripoffs of the entire Warhammer universe

I want to play them all lol

Came in here to post that. Now that GW is making good games, blizzard is gonna go out of buisness.

Unless they find a way to rip off blood bowl...

"Came in here to post that. Now that GW is making good games, blizzard is gonna go out of buisness."

LOL @ this. WoW makes so much money its retarded and SC2 will sell a ridiculous number of copies as well.

I always laugh at these conversations where people completely ignore that Warhammer was a complete ripoff of Tolkien and Terry Brooks in the first place.

I would be first in line for a Blood Bowl game. I can't even tell you how much I'd love to see that happen.

"I always laugh at these conversations where people completely ignore that Warhammer was a complete ripoff of Tolkien and Terry Brooks in the first place."

LOL@Terry Brooks, that hackneyed writer still sells? Warhammer was out far before those novels, and LOTR is the basis for all modern fantasy, hardly a rip.

Warhammer should be the premier fantasy setting among all demographics, but WoW ripped off so much they're getting al the glory. It's bullshit.

The story goes with the original Warcraft! game is that Blizzard tried to license the Warhammer world for their upcoming project, but in the end that fell through so they "borrowed" inspiration.

The rest is history

I still stand by my prediction. Blizzard is just a pale imitation of games workshop, who do it (fantasy wargames) way better.

Starcraft is a much more transparent rip-off of WH40k than warcraft is of WH. Nobody can really come down on someone for using elves or orcs or wizards in their fantasy setting. It's almost traditional. But the Terralisk is a mirror image of the carnifex, zergling = hormagaunt, protoss, dark templar = eldar, dark eldar. The dragoon = wraith.