Was anybody actually better than Khabib?

Also, I really like Khabib, big fan. Just think he was slightly overrated

Closed gaurd over here :face_with_hand_over_mouth: You’d get annihilated in a combat sambo tournament.

Well of course, because I don’t train with that ruleset in mind. but Sambo guys get smashed in sub grappling matches…to me that holds more weight

Which one is more like MMA or a street fight? Bjj matches or combat sambo?

Combat sambo 100%. Has nothing to do with our conversation tho lol. Especially in today’s world with the sport taking over

Has everything to do with our conversation. We’re talking about how these accomplishments pertain to MMA and combat Sambo is much more similar to MMA than BJJ.

Khabib has essentially been winning his entire life at MMA and sports with somewhat similar rule sets an then coaching as well.

He’s the GOAT.

Coaching yes. Grappling eh. The level of combat sambo is rather low and held to a small section of the world. It’s like saying you’re a BJJ world champion in 1983.

@closed_gaurd over here questioning fucking Khabib’s grappling

Michael Jordan Laugh GIFs | Tenor

Not at all. I just don’t think combat. Sambo really means a ton when you’re talking about the grand scheme of overall grappling. It doesn’t hold as much weight. Within the grappling world, it is much more impressive to say you won ADCC vs Sambo whether it be traditional or combat

Pin on [ Fighter k ]

1 Like

Yes, very cool. It’s definitely a great art.

That’s fine. But most people have him at no. 1 overall at LW. Such as credible sites like these

2 Likes

Edit

LW is all I’m arguing. He’s no. 1 in LW history

I say that as a BJ Penn stan

1 Like

At LW its debatable. But overall as GOAT no way. I personally think that 07-09 Penn beats him. I also think he doesn’t fair well if he ever tried his hand at 170 which was nice more natural weight class. This is why I like 155-165-175, a great compromise between divisions

@Nick_Diaz_Army

Who ya got Aljo or O’Malley?

How would Khabib do vs a 220lb Machida?

1 Like

Or Hughes, GSP…

You know what fight I would love Khabib vs Karo

2 Likes

How is LW debatable?

The only other guys with as many title defences as Khabib at LW have double digit losses. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Stop trying to come of as fair an unbiased when you have shit takes like this.

1 Like

Prime Khabib who fought Gaethje submits Hughes and GSP.