Was anybody cheering for Mendes until

He came out to that terrible America farm boy song Phone Post 3.0

Watched at Buffalo wild wings and the majority of the crowd was rooting for Mendes. Phone Post 3.0

I had friends switch to root for chad because his entrance was so merica' Phone Post 3.0

slicedcity - He came out to that terrible America farm boy song Phone Post 3.0
Shoulda been Toby Keith, made in America Phone Post 3.0

CaliKush - I had friends switch to root for chad because his entrance was so merica' Phone Post 3.0
I couldnt root against Chad because he was so American. As a big Conor fan the whole experience was great outside of Conors music choice. Phone Post 3.0

Just because you hate America doesn't mean everyone else is retarded also. Phone Post 3.0

He'll play the Mexican angle when it benefits him.

It cracked me up he came out to that country boy shit. Dude is a frat boy from Sacremento isn't he? Phone Post 3.0

I also watched at Buffalo Wild Wings and everyone was cheering for Conor until Mendes got the takedown and then everyone switched sides. Then once Conor won they switched back to being Conor fans Phone Post 3.0

That song was a total buzzkill, IMO. You want to pump people up and you put a guy on stage singing a leaden slow country tune?

Mendes is from Hanford, a little town near Fresno. I'm about 1.5hrs from there. It's all pretty agricultural out here. Cal Poly, where Mendes went to college, is known for its Ag program, so I'd say he's legit country boy. I think turning a room in his house to a meat locker for game is also pretty country.

That song is a great tune as well, so suck it. Phone Post 3.0

BadDog -
Just because you hate America doesn't mean everyone else is retarded also. Phone Post 3.0
I love alot of things about America but American patriotism just rubs me the wrong way for some reason Phone Post 3.0

That song killed my buzz until the fight. Phone Post 3.0

slicedcity -
BadDog -
I love alot of things about America but American patriotism just rubs me the wrong way for some reason Phone Post 3.0
Yeah, I always hate it when people demonstrate love for their homeland. Phone Post 3.0

almost everywhere:

show patriotism for other countries like ireland, brazil, mexico and people say the fans are so passionate.

show patriotism for usa and they are a bunch of redneck racists.

Chad walked out to the same song during his fight with Lamas. Phone Post

I like that song Phone Post 3.0

BadDog -
slicedcity -
BadDog -
Yeah, I always hate it when people demonstrate love for their homeland. Phone Post 3.0
You'd never catch the Irish or Brazilians doing that, no sir Phone Post 3.0

ChipW - I like that song Phone Post 3.0
Apparently it's only me, you and Chad. Phone Post 3.0

CaliKush - I had friends switch to root for chad because his entrance was so merica' Phone Post 3.0
This. That was me. haha Phone Post 3.0