Was George W a good President?

Watching him on Leno's garage, he seems cool. 

He seems like a cool guy to hang out with but was in over his head as a wartime president.

11 Likes

The Democrats are telling us so. Must be true. 

Pokanghoya - He seems like a cool guy to hang out with but was in over his head as a wartime president.

They're ranch seems super cool. Also I didn't realize how much he gives back 

He wasn't a bad guy and probably genuilly wanted to do the best thing for the country.  The problem is he let some bad people like Cheney and Rumsfield basically run the administration.

5 Likes

No

5 Likes

He seemed decent but his foreign policy decision were disaterous and still echoing throughout the globe. Not to mention that the Iraq war tore the country apart and it still has not recovered.

4 Likes

no, he was not.

Neither was Obama.

Neither was Clinton.

Neither was the previous Bush.

Reagan seemed to get some stuff done.

Trump has gotten some stuff done.

Clinton, Bush, Obama are all part of the same shitty continuum.

14 Likes

Still to early to evaluate this years in the office. Need some more years before give a nonpolitical evaluation

Poop Doodle -

The Democrats are telling us so. Must be true. 

Haha the Dems hated him. Is he now in the McCain-Romney basket?

Clinton, both Bush’s, Obama, and now Trump have all done a mediocre job as president imho. Maybe I expect too much from the office. 

Got into a bullshit war, terrible response to Katrina, limiting stem cell research, using terror warnings for political reasons etc.

Every President will have his failings, but Iraq is a pretty damn big one.

4 Likes

He was the right President to have during 9/11.

1 Like

He created the student loan crisis by not allowing students to default on loans and driving university tuition sky high. Effectively mortgaging young peoples futures, instead of letting an idiotic industry die.

He also got us in a continual war in the middle east thats cost $6 trillion+ to date.

$6 trillion dollars in tax payer money that could have revolutionized our country- a stimulus would have never been needed. Our politicians are cold hearted.

Bush=Obama=Clinton

Trump is looking very similar- bending heavily to welfare- warfare powers.

Argonaut -

He created the student loan crisis by not allowing students to default on loans and driving university tuition sky high. Effectively mortgaging young peoples futures, instead of letting an idiotic industry die.

He also got us in a continual war in the middle east thats cost $6 trillion+ to date.

$6 trillion dollars in tax payer money that could have revolutionized our country- a stimulus would have never been needed. Our politicians are cold hearted.

Bush=Obama=Clinton

Trump is looking very similar- bending heavily to welfare- warfare powers.

He created the student loan crisis? LOL, my friend that I've never seen before. 

Eskimo -

Clinton, both Bush’s, Obama, and now Trump have all done a mediocre job as president imho. Maybe I expect too much from the office. 

Bush and Obama wreaked havoc on Europe. Destroyed the demographics forever. Europe will never be the same. War is a terrible path to take. Trump and Clinton are the better of the 4 with Bill owning the crime bill, Trump owning crime reform. He's easily the best President of the 4. He also was attacked non stop for the last 4 years from virtually every MSM, Dems and even Republicans. He's the Teflon Don. 

1 Like

Attacked non stop. Started no wars. Still got shit done. 

The Bush's were are disaster. GWB lied about the circumstances that led to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.  I can't excuse that. 

3 Likes
BonedByPicograms* - 

Not the best.

Not the worst.

This. Very mediocre as a President.

Until he got us into a war we had no business being in. Straight downhill from there. I thought that at least we couldn’t do worse…then came Obama. Much worse.

Fool me....you can't get fooled again!

2 Likes