Was Hunter S. Thompson a stupid faggot?

ngl that sounds fun as fuck. Not sure how long I could do that for regularly, but i’d sure like to give it a try!

The only thing i’d change is to get 9 hours of sleep instead of 6.5 otherwise, sign me up!

Stupid faggot? He absolutely sucked a dick in his life. So yes. He’s a stupid faggot.

1 Like

Best part of the interview is when the HA says you gotta neat your women to keep her in line, and all the old ladys in the audience (Canada) clap

1 Like

I fucking died lol

I own all three and love them. I attempted to read some of his political stuff and couldn’t get into it.

Yeah, what’s the difference between doing cocaine and doing it seriously?

I first learned of Thompson when I was really into motorcycles. His story “Song of the Sausage Creature” is loved by bikers.

That’s where he said “i’d rather be shot out of cannon then squeezed out of a tube.” Something along those lines.

key bumps are doing cocaine.

fat lines and smoking it are doing it seriously.

mainlining it it pro level.

4 Likes

Not sure why but I TOTALLY expected Zned to be an S. Thompson groupie.

he did not disappoint lol

Never had an issue with .45. I don’t know why he felt he had to impress the OG with tall tales about women that he slept with.

1 Like

i was in rehab with a junkie who said he didnt lose control until he started smoking crack/base

It’s like a disease, they think they get some sort of notoriety online and it becomes their reason to exist pretty much. These people have absolutely nothing going for them though, no family, no girlfriend, no friends. When you think about it if they put as much effort in their lives as they do online they could actually hold a job and meet people.

There is another poster that is doing something very similar to .45 nowadays but I truly hope he doesn’t get exposed because I really like him and his content.

2 Likes

Thompson, Ken Kesey, Tom Wolfe, and prior to them people like Jack Kereouac were all douchey rich kids who were disillusioned by what they perceived as the conservatism of the world around them, I guess especially in light of the Korean and Vietnam wars, so they went to college like the privileged rich kids they were and then favored making a living off of degeneracy, which really makes them sort of the like the rich kid version of how the Hells Angels came to be. But as educated douches, there were really articulate and good writers. They basically promoted “experiences” as the only meaning of a transient life and loved and were loved by nobody because it was all about them to them. They were kind of like the canaries on the coalmine of the soft generation.

4 Likes

1 Like

It would be much more likely that was written for sensationalism. No doubt he like drugs & booze, but it’s just likely.

Are you fighting the urge to divulge?

Do tell!

2 Likes

That’s weird I thought I had heard in a BBC documentary that Thompson was a poor kid forced to join the Air Force by a judge or some shit.

He was more like a fallen rich kid, started getting in trouble after his father died, so the family went from affluent and douchey to somewhat struggling. Still raised with douchey perspective, but couldnt sustain the lifestyle after his father died. Joined Air Force after getting in trouble as accessory to a robbery. Kind of the worst of both worlds, raised with privileged attitude and perspective, but not setup with money as an adult. Kind of like Orson Welles.

2 Likes