Was i the only one who thought Danzig.....

Won that fight? He out struck Guida handily in every round. Guida had take downs but did not nothing from Danzigs guard. In fact Danzig looked more impressive from the bottom than Guida did on top. Standup>takedowns when it comes to scoring, no?

"Standup>takedowns when it comes to scoring, no? "

First UFC? Congratulations

I saw it live, and it looked good for Mac rd. 1 but after that Guida was just too relentless and too hard to keep in bad spots. He's got great cardio, and is the anti-Houston Alexander, impossible to get in a bad way, which is bad for me because I consider myself to be as close to a 155lb Houston as there is, except that I can sweep from the mount.

It went exactly how I thought it would, I made a vlog last night about my predictions but youtube has been down for a while.

edit: LOL at Saku

I thought Mac won also. Guida held on to him the entire fight, and don't think he landed more than 1 punch. Mac outstruck him the entire fight.

I think it comes down to the fact that i dont see a takedown as being as significant as landing a strike. A takedown does not uaually cause the damage a good strike can and it does not usually end a fight. A take down in competition should be for the purpose of transition: Transition into a favorable position for offense for the individual who initiated the takedown and an unfavorable postion for the person who was taken down

if the person who initiated the take down cannot accomplish anything from this postion than i do not think the take down should be weighted that much because it becomes a manuever for manuever sake. Of course that is not a black and white issue and if a person gets 15 takedowns and his opponent responds with minimal offense, than the wrestler should get the win. But in this case Danizg beat Guida on his feet every round but still lost the fight (even though Guida had one half hearted submission attempt and very little striking from the ground). but that's my uneducated opinion on the matter.

I tend to agree and live I really didn't see Guida do much to hurt Mac or threaten a finish, but he was successful in doing what he wanted to do for more of the time, with basically more success at his game, takedowns and countering, even if Mac did more damage and was closer to a ko or sub.

guida is a cool guy but he didnt fight. he held on. 2 things can kill this sport its boring wrestlers(he usually isnt) and bad stoppages

Guida won.

It was a bad match up and that's Joe Silva's fault.

Where were all these strikes Danzig landed in round 2 and 3 and all this guard work in those rounds? Both of those rounds were Guida trying to get the takedown, sometimes successfully, and Danzig trying to defend the takedown, sometimes successfully. Offense > defense.

The bump on Macs head was from a headbutt, not a strike.

During the prefight interviews Guida said something about exciting fights dont keep you in the UFC, wins do. So I think he went in their with the mindset of win at all costs, even if it did end up a boring fight. And thats what happened.

I am a Mac Danzig fan, but thought that Clay won the fight. This was still a good fight in my opinion & think Danzig will come back and kick ass.

Clay won, but not by anything special. If those two go at it again could go either way imo.

Clay FTW

keiths - guida is a cool guy but he didnt fight. he held on. 2 things can kill this sport its boring wrestlers(he usually isnt) and bad stoppages

Agreed. I like Clay but he bored the shit out of me last night. Can't fault him for fighting a smart fight though.

I thought Clay won but wouldn't have been shocked, or upset if Mac got the decision.  I'd really like to see Clay finish a fight in the UFC soon.

Doem - Won that fight? He out struck Guida handily in every round. Guida had take downs but did not nothing from Danzigs guard. In fact Danzig looked more impressive from the bottom than Guida did on top. Standup>takedowns when it comes to scoring, no?

what fight did you watch???????

Congrats to Clay!

Eric Schafer - Congrats to Clay!

Congrats to you.  Great job against Houston

I felt that the first two rounds went to Danzig. He outsrtuck him both rounds. The third round Guida imposed his will and was relentless. The second round was close though so I am not mad it went to Guida. I was irritated that some judge had Neer winning 2 rounds though.