Was i the only one who thought Danzig.....

I can see the argument.  But even if you say his striking was greater than the damage Guida did with the takedowns or striking on the ground there is the factor of "Octagon control" and Guida clearly determined the pace and the spacing of the fight. 

No, Mac's wife probably thought he won, too.  Other than that, the universe had Clay on the cards.

Guida definatly owned the grappling, but all he did was Lay n Pray, Mac won

Mac had not answer for Guida in rounds 2 & 3...he didn't land anything of influence and the fight was fought where Clay wanted it...on the feet when he was comfortable, on the ground when he wasn't. Mac's activity on the feet didn't do any more damage than Guida's did on the ground. Octagon control goes to Guida even if strikes and takedowns nullify each other.

CONRATS TO SCHAFER!!!

MMA IS NOT BOXING stop with this stupid "He landed more strikes" shit

Guida won, but he won with some very impressive hugging.

I really like Clay, but I hate that kind of 'winning'. That isn't a fight, it's a points wrestling match.

Yes, I agree that he won though.

I don't see how any objective fan could look at that fight and conclude that Danzig won it.

Ramon Maroni - Guida definatly owned the grappling, but all he did was Lay n Pray, Mac won

Although I had Clay winning, it was pretty close. Clay controlled the fight and was the aggressor, though he mounted almost no offense outside his takedowns. He did nothing, nor tried anything, from the top.

I had picked Mac to win this fight. I thought he would win by cleaner striking. THAT seemed to be his game plan in the first part of the first round and then he decided to wrestle. He should have stayed striking. He would have won.

Clay won the fight fair and square. Good decision.

Guida imposed himself on Mac = win!

danzig dont belong in ufc clay does as a gatekeeper of course danzig would be a better fit in japan/wec/elite/etc.

LOL@ anyone that had Mac winning that fight.

Why? Because he landed slightly more strikes in the first round, where he also got slammed more than once?

He did nothing to dictate position. Nothing to control the ring. Nothing to cause any damage. Nothing close to a decent submission attempt.

it wasn't even lay and pray... it was just a struggle the entire time to keep mac from getting up. what an awful fight. i think mac should have gotten it for the only effective offense of the entire fight

close

either way was possible

totaljerkface - it wasn't even lay and pray... it was just a struggle the entire time to keep mac from getting up. what an awful fight. i think mac should have gotten it for the only effective offense of the entire fight
what did Mac do that was effective...stop Clay from complete domination? I didn't see Guida looking to worried about Danzig's plan in that fight...I did see Danzig looking like a guy frustrated that he had no control over what was happening.
*edited for poor grammar and this sites shitty quote function which disappears on edits.

Mac didnt come close to freakin winning... this thread has to be a joke

Clay definately won.
He controlled the octagon, the pace, was the aggressor, and had alot of takedowns, including a few impressive slams.

Your a fool if you think Danzig won that fight.

Mac didnt do anything significant the entire fight.

Oh yeah, he was on TUF. I forgot who i was talking to.
OF course he won!

terrible matchmaking as usual.Danzig got rnd 1.rnd 2 & 3 were a stale mate as far as wrestling went.Guida got the take downs and did nothing with it,Danzig won the grond by striking and attempting subs and getting up from the bottom.I dont know if Danzig ran out of gas or was more frustrated at clay just holding on and doing nothing.I would have gave it to Danzig,better striking,defended the shoot,attempted subs,tried to finish.guida held on and tried to ride out a lay and pray win.