Was It A Record For Submissions?

Think I counted 8 out 12 fights! That's a crazy amount and there were some varied ones too. Great to see.

Just wish that the knee bar (don't remember his name) got SOTN.

Really fun card. Phone Post 3.0

Yes it was.

It was awesome! brazil knows what they're doing.

AbbottMary - It was awesome! brazil knows what they're doing.

Yeah, the brazilians are very very naughty! Phone Post

No

UFC 2 had 11 submissions

Steve4192 - No

UFC 2 had 11 submissions

Shit really? I've got that one too, I'll have to re-watch. Phone Post

Early UFC's had more fights if I'm not mistaken? Phone Post 3.0

joshavard - Early UFC's had more fights if I'm not mistaken? Phone Post 3.0

Early UFC's did not have decisions. Only way out of the Octagon was to tap or nap your opponent.

Skews the stats a bit.

Massa - 

Early UFC's did not have decisions. Only way out of the Octagon was to tap or nap your opponent.

Skews the stats a bit.

Meh

Not a single fight on that card went past the modern fifteen minute time limit. Only one went over ten minutes, another three went over five minutes, and the remaining 11 fights lasted less than one modern round.

Steve4192 - 
Massa - 

Skews the stats a bit.

Meh

Not a single fight on that card went past the modern fifteen minute time limit. Only one went over ten minutes, another three went over five minutes, and the remaining 11 fights lasted less than one modern round.

Lots of factors:

There is a huge incentive to finish fights under the old UFC Tournament system. The faster you win, the more energy you have for fights later in the tournament.

On this card last night, the fighters really wanted to showcase their skills for that crowd, high incentive to win with submission in Brazil.

They should all get SOTN bonuses for collectively making it an insane card.

Massa - 
Steve4192 - 
Massa - 

Skews the stats a bit.

Meh

Lots of factors:

There is a huge incentive to finish fights under the old UFC Tournament system. The faster you win, the more energy you have for fights later in the tournament.

On this card last night, the fighters really wanted to showcase their skills for that crowd, high incentive to win with submission in Brazil.

I think it had more to do with the fact that, aside from Royce, none of those guys at UFC 2 had any ground game. Guys just gave up as soon as someone got mount (except for poor Pat Morris, who should have given up when Pat Smith got mount).

^ Scott Morris, not Pat Morris