Was just asked to leave a karate dojo...

Because I trane bjj.

I am early to jits and always drive by this karate place and decide to stop in. I am considering putting my son in karate or some ma and this place has always looked nice. I also am not against trying some legit karate.

So some mr miyagi looking guy opens the door to the office and asks if I am waiting for someone. I asked if he had a flyer or info on classes and introduced myself. I fucked my hand up a few weeks ago and handshakes hurt so I awkwardly extend my left hand. He says "why left hand?" I say, "I hurt it." He asks how and I say just wrestling around. He questions that and I say "I do jiu-jitsu" and he says "oh, you go now. We do one thing here, not two. You go now. Goodbye."

So I leave. Didn't ask about kids class after that stupid shit. I didn't know that shit existed. My bjj coach encourages growth. This guy is the opposite. No I wasn't wearing a gi or something, I was in my street clothes.

Cool story? Phone Post 3.0

This really didn't happen, now did it?

You were asked to leave this dojo because you showed mercy weren't you? Phone Post 3.0

If you tried to shake my hand with your left hand I'd probably think you're a fuckwit and tell you to leave too.

Is it in a cast, or wrapped, or do you have a finger splint? No? You're good enough to roll?

Then you should be good enough to shake someone's hand like a grown man.

Christ you were lucky! --You were seconds away from a shuto to the neck.  Sort of like a "judo chop", but always fatal.

He wanted mercy on his hurt hand and THERE IS NO MERCY IN THIS DOJO! Phone Post 3.0

shen - 

Christ you were lucky! --You were seconds away from a shuto to the neck.  Sort of like a "judo chop", but always fatal.

Posting blind:

It's just business. He was probably worried that your involvement in the school might lead others to BJJ. The only students these karate McDojo's have are the ones who haven't seen a BJJ guy go against a karate guy.

And in defense of the karate instructor, most BJJ schools aren't much better. Submission wrestling has been watered down so much over the last 15 years that the BJJ schools have all turned into McDojo's for the weekend warriors. After being away for 15 years and coming back, BJJ has turned into a joke with all the pussyfied rules and banned submissions. No knee reaping? get the fuck out of here with that bullshit. Phone Post 3.0

1. krane kick to the nuts
    2. steal flyers/class info
    3. Send wife back with kid next time
    4. profit.

Soup and Beer - It's just business. He was probably worried that your involvement in the school might lead others to BJJ. The only students these karate McDojo's have are the ones who haven't seen a BJJ guy go against a karate guy.

And in defense of the karate instructor, most BJJ schools aren't much better. Submission wrestling has been watered down so much over the last 15 years that the BJJ schools have all turned into McDojo's for the weekend warriors. After being away for 15 years and coming back, BJJ has turned into a joke with all the pussyfied rules and banned submissions. No knee reaping? get the fuck out of here with that bullshit. Phone Post 3.0

Knee reaping shouldn't be automatic DQ in a tournament, and most of the rules are dumb, but that's definitely one that should be enforced in a school.

You ever had knee surgery? It's really easy to fuck up your knees, and it's one of the worst injuries to have athletically.

But I agree with your sentiment. No fingers inside the sleeve is absolutely idiotic. They're trying to stop stalling, but giving guys a chance to really game the system.

I've seen guys practice tapping as soon as someone reaps their knee. So while I agree it's a dangerous thing to do, people are fucking pussies about it.

As a guest, you should have had more respect for the dojo.

Mrak

Shouldn't have brought your little gay dog in there with you Phone Post 3.0

There's no mercy in that dojo.

You no come back heaar. Phone Post 3.0

MMA Playwright -
shen - 

Posting blind:

Wtf Phone Post 3.0

Man that gif of my homie din gets me everytime Phone Post 3.0

MMA Playwright -
shen - 

Posting blind:

Can't stop laughing at this gif. Phone Post 3.0

For what's it worth I was throwing out of a Hung Gar school years ago because they found out I had studied a different style previously. Told me it would be "dishonorable" to my teacher, even though he move across the country and hadn't taught on the east coast for years.

Idiots.