Was Petra the original Mecca and muslims forgot?

Watched this the other day, seems like dude makes some good arguments. Wondering if any Muslims have tried to refute this? I know we have at least a british one on this site. 

FWAT : Meccas in the desert and was never on any trading maps before Islam, Petra was a trading capitol and has features that fit the description of the place. The earliest Mosques pointed to Juerusalem, the second oldest point to Petra, not Mecca. Muslims burned a bunch of books other than the Quran so we dont know...bunch of other stuff...could be bro history could be true.

Just thought some of the history dorks on here might find this interesting. Check it out when you get a chance.

I can find the truth.  The easter bunny is due here around 6:30, Ill ask him to call the tooth fairy and find out. 

Muslims from Mecca killed the Muslims from Petra and rewrote history? How unlike them......

Fun fact:  Petra was the original source of salt petre, aka one of the principal ingredients of gunpowder. 

They used to tell people that they got the salt petre FAR FAR AWAY from an unknown location, so that people wouldn't discover that it was actually produced in Petra. 

So the whole city was very secretive, and shrouded in mystery.

evil veiled -

Fun fact:  Petra was the original source of salt petre, aka one of the principal ingredients of gunpowder. 

They used to tell people that they got the salt petre FAR FAR AWAY from an unknown location, so that people wouldn't discover that it was actually produced in Petra. 

Potassium nitrate can be, and widely was, made from urine... Seems kind of a stupid secret to keep.

BigEyedFish -

I can find the truth.  The easter bunny is due here around 6:30, Ill ask him to call the tooth fairy and find out. 

Ask them about the app and what's up with the site while you're at it will ya?

amadeus -
evil veiled -

Potassium nitrate can be, and widely was, made from urine... Seems kind of a stupid secret to keep.

Salt petre.  Rock (petrus) salt, that was what they called it, before they knew how to make it in nitre beds from organic compounds (manure, ash, urine). 

I am saying it occurred naturally at Petra (in the buildings carved out of rock, if that counts as 'natural'), and it was one of the first sources of salt petre. 

Zned -

Now this is a religion I can get Behind

Im with the banned -
Zned -

Now this is a religion I can get Behind

Is that Sterns wife? She'd be stoned in Mecca or Petra for showing too much leg. Legs are made for hauling Salt Pete not showing off to give little Mahmoud an uncircumcised boner damnit!

evil veiled -
amadeus -
evil veiled -

Salt petre.  Rock (petrus) salt, that was what they called it, before they knew how to make it in nitre beds from organic compounds (manure, ash, urine). 

I am saying it occurred naturally at Petra (in the buildings carved out of rock, if that counts as 'natural'), and it was one of the first sources of salt petre. 

Europeans were farming potassium nitrate off shit in the Middle Ages and by the 14th Century had begun to figure out the purification of it from urine. 

I'm not saying you're wrong, but at least for Europe you're vastly overstating things.

JJitsu -
BigEyedFish -

Ask them about the app and what's up with the site while you're at it will ya?
Lmao!

Not Beth O in that pic. Not Stern's wife.