Was Rumble going to retire even if he won?

The way he said it almost implied that it was going to be his last fight either way. 

I think so. I think his heart hasn't been in fighting for a long time, and he can't handle the pressure of fighting at this high level. He even said he has a job lined up, which I thought was weird. His head is definitely not in the game.

Yeah, who lines up another job before they fight for the UFC title?

Rumble said he told his team and family this was the last one before the fight.

Bojack Horseman -

Yeah, I heard that. But we don't know that it wasn't a "if I don't win" kind of thing. 

It's probably some job he's wanted to do since he was a kid like a cop or fireman and he's just about to reach the max age limit for applying.

EddiePain420 -

doesnt ufc have a contract clause stating no one can retire  champion because of what bj penn did back in the day? also why they were pissed gsp did it

Lol I doubt there is anything they can do if you quit, regardless of the contact. They can't force you to continue fighting

He's a frustrating guy to follow and support. I honestly felt he had this one this time. But if you head isn't in it then you shouldn't be in there.

EddiePain420 -

doesnt ufc have a contract clause stating no one can retire  champion because of what bj penn did back in the day? also why they were pissed gsp did it

So they just physically force the person into the cage to defend their belt?

Gartlin - 
Bojack Horseman -

Yeah, I heard that. But we don't know that it wasn't a "if I don't win" kind of thing. 

Well I don't see why we shouldn't take what he said at face value....

Kenny ,kb,and yves said they heard rumors about it all day before the fight

So there you go.

Bojack Horseman -
Gartlin - 
Bojack Horseman -

Well I don't see why we shouldn't take what he said at face value....

Kenny ,kb,and yves said they heard rumors about it all day before the fight

So there you go.

Thanks for straightening that out!

Well that sucks and it shows his heart wasnt in it, very few fighters who are planning to retire before a BIG fight ever actually win, because they already have one foot out the door.

What a fucking baffling fight strategy though. 

He just said yes at the post-fight presser, he would have quit even if he'd won.

He also said his new job has nothing to do with the Rams and it's not a dog-related business.

Taco muncher - He just said yes at the post-fight presser, he would have quit even if he'd won.

He also said his new job has nothing to do with the Rams and it's not a dog-related business.

Yeah I'm watching that too