Was that second knee legal?

I'm still not convinced his hand was off the mat. Yes I watched the replay and it was super close. Looked like his finger tips were down until the moment the knee connected and knocked him upwards. We're talking milimeters. That's one issue with this new rule, I believe we're gonna see a lot more of close calls like this. 

Then again I am watching from a stream. 

Looked legal to me. I'm streaming it as well.

Yep. Legal.

Wölfie66 - Legal! Are you blind?
Not blind. Legal.

Fingertips down = standing.

Grounded = BOTH palms or fists, or any other body part.

Didnt see fight, but thats the rule.

I can answer that as someone who's not a Weidman fan. It was illegal. Wtf was Joe talking about?

Yup

legal, hand was up when knee landed

ShootProod -
Wölfie66 - Legal! Are you blind?
Not blind. Legal.
Legally blind

I thought that his fingers were still touching when it landed.  Mousasi definitely STARTED the knee while both hands were down and it was extremely close as to whether the fingertips were on the ground when contact was made from GM knee to CW dome.  If Miragliotta made a mistake it was a bang-bang exchange that Joe had to look at THREE times on replay before he pronounced it "legal" so Joe shouldn't be throwing him under the boss on the mic.  That was bullshit.

..................and I'm a HUGE Joe Rogan mark.

donnybrook - Fingertips down = standing.

Thank you very legal then by those standards.

Legal knee, weidman was playing the game and trying to abuse the rule so he couldn't do damage. Tried to milk it and it back fired. 

This. It doesn't matter if his fingers were on the ground, his PALMS need to be down. Those knees were 100% legal and Weidman was trying to bait a foul.

New rules states one hand on the mat doesn't equal a downed opponent 

JOESONDO -

This. It doesn't matter if his fingers were on the ground, his PALMS need to be down. Those knees were 100% legal and Weidman was trying to bait a foul.

^^this.

Barry_BondsMVP - 

Whether only one hand was on the mat or not is not in question.

Samoa -
Barry_BondsMVP - 

Whether only one hand was on the mat or not is not in question.

What was the issue? Didn't see it 

Depending on the point of the rule, I would argue that a fighter lifting the opponents hands off the ground by half an inch to deliver an otherwise illegal knee should favor the fighter who is considered downed. If the point of the rule is to keep the downed fighter safe from potentially vicious attacks not deemed safe or appropriate, then a fighter lifting a persons hands off the mat not even before the strike but midway through the strike, would fall into the favor of the downed fighter IMO. That said, the rule failed the safety of the downed fighter as clearly Weidman was trying to go out of his way to game that rule and in turn got dinged for it. Not discounting either fighter, this outcome is clearly a negative result of that rule if any blame should be placed.

Legal!

You want to be down, drop a knee.