Was this Rickson's toughest fight?

tough to say.The Zulu fight seemed tough but old.Id still like to see the 2nd Hugo Duarte fight and of course the imfamous Rickson-Anjoh fight

There was a second Duarte fight?  Never knew that.

Yoji Anjo fight is the holy grail, we all want to see it.  But I can't imagine it was a difficult test!

The two fights with Zulu he was massively outweighed and he took his time, but Zulu was not a skilled grappler.  I think I've only seen one of the Zulu fights myself.  Was just a case of waiting for the big man to tire before slipping to his back.

Funaki was consired a legit guy at the time - far more so than Takada.  Of course, the real challenge was Sakuraba and I think Rickson was wise never to take that challenge on!

I believe Rickson broke his orbital bone in taking a punch while establishing the clinch. He held Funaki in the corner for a while to compose himself and believe that he said this was the fight where he was most at risk after the strike

It was a good shot he took early on - and his eye was certainly blown up.

Brazilians at the end celebrating like they had won the world cup!

For some strange reason the YouTube channel PowerfulJRE has claimed copyright ownership of this video...

Or I should say, claimed ownership of the last minute or so of the fight only.  Very strange.

I am pretty sure this is essentially ownerless property.

Rickson got a nice shiner, but Zulu was more of a struggle.

nrallen -

There was a second Duarte fight?  Never knew that.

Yoji Anjo fight is the holy grail, we all want to see it.  But I can't imagine it was a difficult test!

The two fights with Zulu he was massively outweighed and he took his time, but Zulu was not a skilled grappler.  I think I've only seen one of the Zulu fights myself.  Was just a case of waiting for the big man to tire before slipping to his back.

Funaki was consired a legit guy at the time - far more so than Takada.  Of course, the real challenge was Sakuraba and I think Rickson was wise never to take that challenge on!

Hugo claimed the first fight had interference and came to Ricksons gym.I think thye fought in the parking lot and Hugo siad Rickson beat him fairly.

rickson almost got guillotined by yamamoto at JVT in the mid 90s.  

Yamamoto cling to those ropes for dear life. 

Dont think Rickson was in danger of being choked by him though. Probably sensed it was a weak choke and went with it. 

Fahqhard - 

I always wondered why rickson did not fight sakurabi. He could have avenged for the family

Me too. He said it was because of the death of his son.

It would have been very interesting.

nrallen -

It was a good shot he took early on - and his eye was certainly blown up.

Brazilians at the end celebrating like they had won the world cup!

I can let it slide here but it’s annoying when Brazilians celebrate winning a boring bjj match by like 1 advantage, especially when it isn’t even an international tournament 

There’s a Brazilian robot on Battle Bots. Same reaction. 

Rickson was past his prime when the Gracie Hunter arrived and his son died in an accident. I think he made the right decision not to face Sakuraba. 

People give him so much shit for not taking the Sakuraba fight or fighting Bas. Most fighters “primes” were much shorter then and I’d say Rickson’s was mid 80s to early 90s. By the time those fights were in demand Rickson truly knew that those fights were dangerous for him. Addditionally like other members mentioned, Rockson dying didn’t help. 

Fahqhard - 
nowaydo -
Fahqhard - 

I always wondered why rickson did not fight sakurabi. He could have avenged for the family

Also ryan gracie… all the toughest should have fought him

Sak beat Ryan.

Fahqhard - 

Because Saku would have beaten Rickson…Saku embarrassed the Gracie family and with Ricksons lack of takedowns, he would have lost too

nowaydo - 
Fahqhard - 
nowaydo -
Fahqhard - 

Also ryan gracie… all the toughest should have fought him

Sak beat Ryan.

Remember the pre fight excuse Ryan had? Lol he put big pink strips of tape on his shoulders and pecs pointing to some type of injury…ridiculous