Watched Evil Dead remake last night

It was on Starz so I went along for the ride.

I enjoyed it a lot. Probably the goriest movie I've seen in a long time. Made me feel proud to be a horror fan again.

What did the OG think? What were your favorite scenes/kills?

spoiler

Are you okay with Mia being new Ash? Phone Post

I thought it was okay. I didn't like homegirl and the turkey carver, but overall it was good

As a fan of the originals, I was not happy with the story. The film itself was well done, but the script was lacking. Phone Post 3.0

I liked it at first but while watching it I just kept noticing dumb shit. Like if I remember correctly a plastic gas can gets shot and explodes. Shit like that. Or the electric nail gun shooting nails across the room so fast they go straight through an arm. Shit like that bugs me but I've also been told I nitpick to much but that's huge for me. Phone Post

gesous - I liked it at first but while watching it I just kept noticing dumb shit. Like if I remember correctly a plastic gas can gets shot and explodes. Shit like that. Or the electric nail gun shooting nails across the room so fast they go straight through an arm. Shit like that bugs me but I've also been told I nitpick to much but that's huge for me. Phone Post
Zombies are perfectly reasonable. But sparking plastic or super-powered nail guns? That completely destroys my willing suspension of disbelief!

On another note, Lou Taylor Pucci kicks ass, and you should all check out every movie he's been in. Phone Post

I was a bit dissapointed as I was reall hyped from seeing the Red Band trailers. Nice to see practical effects for a change though.

Fucking characters were lame as hell. The sappy, borderline incestuous brother/sister? What brother talks to his junkie sister like that?

I thought it was shot well, but not much else was good imo.

Kung Fu Joe -
gesous - I liked it at first but while watching it I just kept noticing dumb shit. Like if I remember correctly a plastic gas can gets shot and explodes. Shit like that. Or the electric nail gun shooting nails across the room so fast they go straight through an arm. Shit like that bugs me but I've also been told I nitpick to much but that's huge for me. Phone Post
Zombies are perfectly reasonable. But sparking plastic or super-powered nail guns? That completely destroys my willing suspension of disbelief!

On another note, Lou Taylor Pucci kicks ass, and you should all check out every movie he's been in. Phone Post
You've never shor a nailgun into a wall from accross the yard? That shot sticks deep into wood, not too unbelievable that it went in his arm. I think the real question is, HOW THE FUCK IS THAT DUDE STILL ALIVE!? Stabbed in the face repeated times with a loaded needle, beat with a crowbar, shot with a nailgun, broken hands n shit. Fucking trooper I say. Phone Post 3.0

I have never seen these movies, am I missing out?

I thought it was the best horror movie I've seen in a long time.

That's not sayin TOO MUCH since every horror movie blows nowadays but it was good nonetheless Phone Post 3.0

Was ok. Best parts of the movies for me were the sounds. Whoever was in charge of that did a smashing job. That sound of the chick int he bathroom sawing at her flesh creeps me the fuck out.

Flexo -
Kung Fu Joe -

You've never shor a nailgun into a wall from accross the yard? That shot sticks deep into wood, not too unbelievable that it went in his arm. I think the real question is, HOW THE FUCK IS THAT DUDE STILL ALIVE!? Stabbed in the face repeated times with a loaded needle, beat with a crowbar, shot with a nailgun, broken hands n shit. Fucking trooper I say. Phone Post 3.0
Don't forget stabbed in what should have been the heart Phone Post

Frank Gallagher - 
Hired Gun - I have never seen these movies, am I missing out?
Yes Phone Post

Start with Evil Dead 2.

YVEL MACHIDA -
Flexo -
Kung Fu Joe -

Don't forget stabbed in what should have been the heart Phone Post
Oh ya, lost a litre or so of blood from a gaping heart wound. Phone Post 3.0

Lame characters but awesome gore and splatter.  I enjoyed it. 

CombatVette49 -

I like it.  I would have liked it a lot more if the chicks were naked, but I digress.

Truth Phone Post

did not live up to the "most terrifying movie you will ever experience" hype

it was ok i guess but i dont remember anything about it..nothing sticks out and yeah the hype killed it imo...the special effects were great but script and everything else just mediocre..

i lump it in there with the other big franchise remakes like F13th, Texas chainsaw...its completely forgettable..