watching struve strike is like....

Watching Bambi on ice. Honestly, how does he do it?

This kid spars with daniel ghita day in and day out, and in holland, there known to have brutal sparring sessions that is usually worse thanhthe fight, yet he still fights like a idiot.He looks like seemy Schilt, yet strikes like sean sherk.

How come its always the guys who get knocked out so easily, the ones who fear getting hit the least?

Now guys are turning on Struve bc he got KO'd by a guy that can punch like a truck?

This place sucks sometimes. Phone Post

RPBJJ - Now guys are turning on Struve bc he got KO'd by a guy that can punch like a truck?

No. I think people r just disappointed in his lack of progress. He's 7 feet tall and fights like he's 5'2". He's not fast so he can't get away with it. And every time he takes a step up he loses. He's still young but he's not progressing well Phone Post

RPBJJ - Now guys are turning on Struve bc he got KO'd by a guy that can punch like a truck?

This Phone Post

This Phone Post

It's frustrating watching him. He had the right idea pulling guard, but when he stands up he's just a sitting duck for any guy that throws bombs

Maybe too many hits to the head in the first? usually struve gets stronger as the fights goes but looked to be as tired as hunt in the third.

Jack Slack did a great write-up on the HUGE holes in Struve's striking game (especially his lack of use of his astonishing reach advantage).

Why are people getting so defensive? That's been Struve's biggest criticism since his debut and he's still yet to do anything about it. Phone Post

KingD87 - 

Why are people getting so defensive? That's been Struve's biggest criticism since his debut and he's still yet to do anything about it. Phone Post

That my point. This kid gets his ass handed to him by daniel ghita and has to endure holland level sparring, yet he doesn't try to even learn how to defend. I guarantee you he gets knocked out in the gym on a daily basis.

Yeah, I don't think the OP criticized Struve's chin. I was really surprised how flat footed and slow Struve looked. He didn't even try to stick and move or circle away when Hunt was coming after him with bombs. Really a weird performance by Struve.

Naderhood - 

This Phone Post

This. Struve's long arms work against him in mid-close range. And maybe the harsh training might've damaged the confidence it's fatiguing if you're getting destroyed day in and day out.

He showed a lot of heart and a good chin, but a lack of skill on the feet. His ground skills are a definite asset at HW.

man meets fate -
KingD87 -  Why are people getting so defensive? That's been Struve's biggest criticism since his debut and he's still yet to do anything about it. Phone Post

That my point. This kid gets his ass handed to him by daniel ghita and has to endure holland level sparring, yet he doesn't try to even learn how to defend. I guarantee you he gets knocked out in the gym on a daily basis.

Trolling right? Phone Post

gatorlaw - 
man meets fate -
KingD87 -  Why are people getting so defensive? That's been Struve's biggest criticism since his debut and he's still yet to do anything about it. Phone Post

Trolling right? Phone Post

Have ypu seen dutch sparring? Its so brutal it made overeem fight smart in 2008-2010

It's not just his failure to use reach and jab, it's also that he refuses, or forgets, to move his feet.

Of course being that tall he's not going to dazzle anyone with feather-like dexterity, but the littlest lateral motion in some cases would make a difference IMO. Get off the direct line of attack.

Instead he just stands there, right in front of a guy like Hunt, without moving at all.

I think Struve's reach is overrated. He's so tall that he has to punch down at his opponents or crouch really low.

A guy like Jon Jones's reach is perfect. He's at the right height where his shoulder is basically at face level to most of his opponent. All he has to do is extend his arms straight out.

I never really felt he was top ten tbh. Phone Post

The thing is Struve DOES use his reach. If he was any smaller he wouldn't be in the UFC. Does he use his reach as effectively as guys like Schilt or Jon Jones? Of course not, but the reason is he is nowhere near as strong, or quick to utilize his reach to it's maximum potential.

Struve is simply not very athletic, his success is very similar to Sylvia's (although I'd say Struve is more athletic, maybe not as strong).

Strive is like the opposite of Jon Jones