Watching the 80's guys die...

edit- WFA

It was one thing when Andre, Yokozuna and Monsoon died, that happened in the 90's.

Watching Bobby Heenan, Okerlund, Piper, and now Finkel die has been terrible. Those guy were the voices of my childhood in a big way. Nothing on tv was more important to me in the 80's than watching and listening to them.

Pillman, Owen, Rude, Junkyard, Davey Boy, Perfect, Elizabeth, Hawk, Earthquake, Alfred Hayes, Bossman, Guerrero, etc... all gone to and the list goes on.

Its amazing Ric Flair and Jake Roberts are alive.

1 Like

Gonna be tough when Hogan & Flair finally go!

ttt

Kirik -

ttt

Thanks for moving it.

Bobby Heenan went through hell at the end. 

DaveFu -

Yeah he suffered a long time, I read he fought that cancer for fifteen years. Had a lot of falls and broken bones too from what I read.

I've got to order his two books, been meaning to read them for a while.

BJ Penn Forever -
DaveFu -

Yeah he suffered a long time, I read he fought that cancer for fifteen years. Had a lot of falls and broken bones too from what I read.

Had no idea, I looked it up. Fucking horrible.

Our generation is now the one losing these guys. I hate time.

roids arent healthy

camicom -
BJ Penn Forever -
DaveFu -

What's worse was given Hennans sharp wit he went out unable to speak. Now that is irony at its finest. 

Heenan was a standup guy for making WCW eulogize Mr. WWF Gorilla Monsoon. 

SuperFightFan - Gonna be tough when Hogan & Flair finally go!

I don't know... I think Flair is determined to outlive any of the kids who grew up watching him in the 80's...

KaiTangata -
camicom -
BJ Penn Forever -
DaveFu -

What's worse was given Hennans sharp wit he went out unable to speak. Now that is irony at its finest. 

Same with Roger Ebert

How jake the snake is alive still is a head scratcher 

FCFBlazer -

And Razor Ramon

Str8shooter04 - 
FCFBlazer -

And Razor Ramon

2 Likes

When you are a child of the sixties...these threads are depressing.

1 Like

wow, is that really Bobby Heenan? The progression pictures would be interesting to see.

BTW, when I read the title, I thought this was going to be about 80s tv/movie stars...immediately started thinking about some of my favorite 80s stars that are pretty damn old now (i.e., Lee Majors)