Watching the french connection for first time.

20 minutes left. I cant get into this movie. Its way drawn out, seems to have amateur looking videography and its just boring. Somehow its in afi top 100 list and has 98% on RT. Phone Post 3.0

Car chase is great Phone Post 3.0

Pretty much all 70's movies have a much slower pace.

It's a great movie, you're nuts!

I love 70s movies tho, taxi driver is in my top 3 of all time...idk Phone Post 3.0

friedkin's docu realist camera work gave the film a gritty, realistic feel of the real city. the early 70s loved the harsh reality of life, that things aren't a fairy tale, and the good guys don't always win.

in walks popeye doyle, the less than hero, the man who lives the streets and wants to get the job done, whatever the cost.

maybe the film hasn't aged well, but I always liked this film, and it's portrayal of 70s nyc.

I recently watched the french connection 2 for the first time, and felt the plot just meandered, and seemed far fetched. it was almost like a pointless parody of the first one.

OP picked his toes in Poughkeepsie

It doesn't hold up. 

OP check out Cedric Jimenez's The Connection (La French). It's dedicated to Tany Zampa's rise and fall, and the trade on the European side. Without a doubt one of truest movies I've ever seen. The acting was superb, the storyline was fantastic, and the cinematography was top notch. Up there with he godfather parts 1 and 2. Truly an epic movie. Blows Friedkin's movie out of the water.

Uhtred Ragnarson - 

It doesn't hold up. 

OP check out Cedric Jimenez's The Connection (La French). It's dedicated to Tany Zampa's rise and fall, and the trade on the European side. Without a doubt one of truest movies I've ever seen. The acting was superb, the storyline was fantastic, and the cinematography was top notch. Up there with he godfather parts 1 and 2. Truly an epic movie. Blows Friedkin's movie out of the water.

Full trailer

Red band trailer.

fyi Jackie Imbert is a badass in this movie.

I love that movie.....but I understand OP's dilemma. It can be a slow watch, but that was 70's movies Phone Post

^ fucking gold Phone Post

You fuckin dipshit.

Older movies are going to be slow by default because they were made in a different era when we didn't have to be constantly entertained with explosions and dinosaurs every five minutes. So excuse me for having plot development and a real storyline.

Why don't you go watch Asians shove eels up their ass? That's probably more your speed. Phone Post 3.0

Bullshit about the movie not holding up. I watched it again about 2 years ago after not seeing it for over a decade and it was actually better than I had remembered.