watching the war on ogrish?

is there better site that shows the war?

there are several IED videos. the troops do not have a chance.

stephe

can you clarify your post a bit?

do you watch the war footage on ogrish.com? it is the best source to see the iraq war. the american news cuts out the good stuff.

on the site, there is more than one video of coalition troops being hit with an IED. their armored vehicles do not stand a chance with the amount of firepower the insurgents pack into their IEDs.

the insurgents must've taken a chapter from the american's rolling thunder and operation linebacker campaigns.

stephen

www.fallujah.us

It's good when they are your enemies.

Matt

"the american news cuts out the good stuff.

on the site, there is more than one video of coalition troops being hit with an IED. their armored vehicles do not stand a chance with the amount of firepower the insurgents pack into their IEDs."

So, am I reading this right? The "good stuff" is coalition forces getting hit by IEDs?

ttt

Just as the news cuts out the good stuff the propaganda pigs never show all the ieds that are ineffective against our vehicles. Dont ever think" we dont stand a chance" I have personally seen nearly every vehicle hit by an ied in the mosul area and we are fairing quite well, especially the new strykers.

do i need to register my dd 214 to post here?

y'all need to pull your panties out of your pussies and stop asking for clarifications.

stephen

Don' stand a chance huh?

My crew & hummvee went through 4 IED's

http://ogrish.com/index.html

3rd video down. stryker hit by ied.

maybe the insurgents really load up their ieds when they know they're going to videotape.

mr. numbers. there are a lot of southern WIAs and KIAs. are you going to give them a grammar lesson too?

http://www.ogrish.com/archives.html

Terrorism (185)

* Hostage (13)

War (225)

* Iraq (48)
      o Fallujah (10)

stephen

"http://ogrish.com/index.html
3rd video down. stryker hit by ied. "

Which is one stryker out of how many strykers on how many patrols?

I can find a 7-foot-5 tall Chinese guy playing in the NBA, too, doesnt mean 7-foot-5-tall Chinese men are the norm, or even sizable in number.

37 dead in iraq today.

deadliest day in iraq.

have you been to a VA hospital lately? pretty sad to see young guys in wheelchairs and without limbs.

are we winning?

is this worth it?

stephen

Years ago, it was popular and acceptable to make fun of the way African Americans talked. Remember Amos n Andy? Now it is only OK to make fun of southerners and southern Asian immigrants. Imagine if Abu from the Simpsons was a caricature of an African American.

stephen, I was not trying to seem hostile with my post. As a matter of fact I used web sites like that to see the stuff not available on our news before I came over here too. Just remember happy endings dont make for good war stories. Ogrish of course is going to feature the "bad hits" thats what people go there to see. ..."37 dead" 31 in one helicopter crash.
... "is it worth it" opinions vary.
... "are we winning" yes we are.
... "load up for video's" they try to video as much as possible in case they get the desired results especially the big ones.
... "visit to a VA hospital" unfortunately because of my job I usually am at the "cash" within minutes of casualties arriving and have washed the blood out of way to many vehicles already. YES it is sad.
No matter what, however, Iraq is and will be a much better place when all is said and done.

As a NCO I would rather have 5 soldiers that talk "funny" wether it be redneck, getto, or whatever, than 25 smartass soldiers who think they are intelligent.

my dad still has a VC bullet in his shoulder. has the PTSD that many iraqi freedom vets have now. feel horrible for those guys cause i've grown up with my dad still fighting the war.

we can't fix our inner cities. how can we fix another country?

really trying to understand how effective our military foreign policy is. since ww2, when was our last military victory?

stephen

StephenL,

You were doing a swell job masking your bull shit earlier on this thread. It's beginning to show now.

Please remember that this forum is not the place for you to come try to discourage those in the military. Take that crap to the OG.

Sorry to hear about your father and the issues that it caused in your life.

Otherwise, I no longer give a shit what you have to say. None the less, here are a few remarks from your above posts.

1. ". the american news cuts out the good stuff."

This is the number one reason that I give a shit less what you have to say. If American forces getting hit by IEDs is the "good stuff", take your ass to the OG where you belong.

1. "their armored vehicles do not stand a chance with the amount of firepower the insurgents pack into their IEDs."

Completely incorrect. The armor does a very good job of stopping the fragmentation (the number one killing mechanism associated with IEDs).

HOWEVER, all the armor in the world won't save you if you get close enough to a large enough explosion.

1. "do i need to register my dd 214 to post here?"

I'd sooner wipe my ass with your DD214 than read it. Having a DD214 does NOT make you a good guy (or even worth listening to).

1. "are we winning? is this worth it? "

Yes, and yes. If you went over there, you'd probably agree.

1. "really trying to understand how effective our military foreign policy is. since ww2, when was our last military victory?"

Get a clue. There is no such thing as "military foreign policy". There is foreign policy, and then, there are the tools to implement foreign policy (tariffs, embargoes, incentives, and yes, the military).

No one on this board has the ability to effect the policy as (I'm sure you know), we don't make foreign policy decisions. Rather, we enforce orders. I don't have the time or inclination to listen (or read) your hippie ramblings.

no shame

i'm the only veteran that questions the war? RE: the history of american involement in the middle east. the lebanon embassy bombing wasn't enough?

the best education the military gave me was to open my eyes to why they're really used.

i appreciate your kind words.

this page is here to educate those that want to join or are in the military.

isn't it best to be exposed to the whole picture?

stephen