watered down card for Conor casuals?

Conor is their cash cow, so I get they can put two PPV worthy fights on a card and it will sell because all the Conor casuals will come out of the woodwork to buy...but why not put some up and comers they're trying to push/showcase that are exciting to perhaps turn those casual Conor fans into more regular fans? 

Women fight cheap, there’s too many, only so many cards; plus one of the up and comers they were pushing got himself fired.

multiculturaljoseph -

Women fight cheap, there’s too many, only so many cards; plus one of the up and comers they were pushing got himself fired.

Right, I can see Ribas on there.....but Jojo vs Eye? Come on. 

2 Likes
Bend The Knee -
multiculturaljoseph -

LOts of women tune in to see conor. They put women fights on with recognizable names like Jessica eye.

2 women’s division fights and no other real names other than the top 2 fights made me hold off.  Especially not getting together with other people.  

they’ve milked this formula for the longest time. It jsut drives people to streaming. allegedly

Dead President - they've milked this formula for the longest time. It jsut drives people to streaming. allegedly

Busted.  Dana made me make a list and now you're on it.  Good luck in UFC jail.

1 Like

What does watered down card really mean? Is it lack of fighters you recognize? Less matches between top ranked fighters? Cards loaded with newer fighters with just a couple of UFC fights? More one sided matches with huge gaps in the moneyline odds? Seriously, everyone just says watered down cards but never explain why.

1 Like
Stay Wild -
Bend The Knee -
multiculturaljoseph -

LOts of women tune in to see conor. They put women fights on with recognizable names like Jessica eye.

And you think Jojo and Eye are the fights to put on a Conor card? If you're going to put a woman fight on that card make it Joanna or Thug Rose. 

Also how many women actually watch the UFC regularly? Id say you’re better off targeting new casuals from ages 21-30

JoeHurley -

What does watered down card really mean? Is it lack of fighters you recognize? Less matches between top ranked fighters? Cards loaded with newer fighters with just a couple of UFC fights? More one sided matches with huge gaps in the moneyline odds? Seriously, everyone just says watered down cards but never explain why.

To me it's kind of a little bit of everything that you had mentioned. I understand the guys who are starting to make a name for themselves but aren't super well known to casuals like : Raoni Barcelos, but that dude is pretty fun. (i know he's older in age, but only 4 fights in the UFC)

even throwing someone like Tim Means caliber on the card works, older vet who is game. 

lastly someone maybe ranked like a Cory Sandhagen, guy can be champ and brings a fight. In the future these casuals would be like "oh I remember him from the Conor card, Im in!" Etc. 

quality - 
Dead President - they've milked this formula for the longest time. It jsut drives people to streaming. allegedly

Please don’t. I’ve heard that it’s a cell with a TV that plays only WMMA

1 Like

the other way around,terrible fans only like to watch fighters they are casuals instead of enjoying fights.name fighters doesn't guarantee great fights.

It's probably because a lot of poor people,or people with no friends to split the bill with,or thieves won't buy the ppv anyways.

Dead President - 
quality - 

Please don’t. I’ve heard that it’s a cell with a TV that plays only WMMA

And not even the big title fights. just WMMA contender fights!