Wavebird ??

How long do the batteries last in the Wavebirds??

Ouit being so cheap and buy one...They are well worth it.

lol, how much direction freedom does it give you?? By that I'm talking about aiming it at the system.

And again, How often will the batteries need replacing?? On average?

You don't need to aim and it works up to like 75 feet in some tests. There is no rumble to save battery life.... don't worry about batteries... or if you do, get some rechargeable battereies

Awesome!! Thanks!!

Yeah, I've got 2 regular controllers and figure that they'll work fine for a 2 player game. But I feel that if I'm gonna be playing a 3 or 4 player game that the wires will be too short.

Thanks Eric, I was considering getting a third but at this point I'm too cheap. I figure two reg's and two birds will work for now. :)

I might get one because the extension cord I found actually shorted out my Cube repeatedly.
When I'm deep in game, sometimes I take the controller to the can with me, where I can still see the TV if I leave the door open.

I already had 4 official controllers so I decided not to get a wavebird. The only thing that would have changed my mind is if there was a built in rechargeable battery, rumble and a cradle charger to sit the wavebird in to stay charged. Without that there is little incentive for me to buy one given my close proximity to my tv/games.

You can buy a charger pack for it. Besides the corded controller, (which is still in plastic), that came with my Gamecube. All of the controllers that I use are Wavebirds. I thought rumble was the shit, but now I would rather sit on my couch with total freedom of movement with my Wavebird and play games.

I will never go back to corded controllers. I even have wireless controllers for my PS2.

"I thought rumble was the shit, but now I would rather sit on my couch with total freedom of movement with my Wavebird and play games."

With a rechargeable battery and charging cradle there is no reason not to have rumble as that decision was based on normal battery life.

There is a cordless controller for the PS2 that has rumble and is rechargable. Too bad it's made by Mad Catz or I'd buy one.

I turn rumble off anyways. :)