Way to make modern music better...

Take every artist who is popular today, lock them in a room, and force them, A Clockwork Orange style, to listen to classic 60's and 70's Rock with the instructions to come as close to this perfection as possible.

I listen to the music of today and even the best of it, which I will admit isn't terrible, is no where near as good as the worst of the likes of Tom Petty, Bob Seger, Bruce Springsteen, Led Zeppelin, CCR, Lynard Skynard etc...

Why does nothing today sound anything like music of that era yet everything today sounds exactly the same??? Phone Post 3.0

I read somewhere on the OG, the reason we think music was so good back then, compared to now, is because we are only remembering the good music. Phone Post 3.0

Squirrel, Blue Belt - I read somewhere on the OG, the reason we think music was so good back then, compared to now, is because we are only remembering the good music. Phone Post 3.0
Yup. Plenty of great music being made right now which will be obsessed over 30 years from now Phone Post 3.0

But I do tend to agree with your sentiment. I'd like to think back then, it was way more about talent. There were plenty of super -famous ugly rock stars. Nowadays image is part of music for the most part. Video killed the radio star. Phone Post 3.0

A lot of music sounds very derivative these days, people ripping off 80s english rock or 90s college rock is all too common.

hi grandpa Phone Post 3.0

There is some good music now. Its pop music that is terrible however. Synthetic bubble gum garbage all produced by the same select producers. No originality. Phone Post 3.0

Logan, it's real easy- just turn your dial from your markets top 40 station to the classic rock one. Problem solved. You are now listening to all your favorite songs, along with the construction workers, warehouse guys, and landscapers across the land.

That said, there were people thinking along the same lines about your overly produced, guitar driven cock-rock, performed in stadiums for crowds of mullet-headed, blue collar guys who live off of Budweiser and cheeseburgers. Phone Post 3.0

PunchesandKicks -
Squirrel, Blue Belt - I read somewhere on the OG, the reason we think music was so good back then, compared to now, is because we are only remembering the good music. Phone Post 3.0
Yup. Plenty of great music being made right now which will be obsessed over 30 years from now Phone Post 3.0
Lol no Phone Post 3.0

Junnk - 
PunchesandKicks -
Lol no Phone Post 3.0

Let's follow this logic and look to the past.

This is what the music landscape looked like 30 years ago:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billboard_Year-End_Hot_100_singles_of_1986

It was complete shit then, too.

Plenty of good music is out there, the difference is the good music back then was played on the radio unlike today. Pop music today is terrible, good music has real instruments and the vest songs tell a story. Phone Post 3.0

I dont think tryingto replicate music from 40-50 years ago is the way to go. One of the biggest issues with modern music is it seems to have stagnated in the sense that there arent really new genres popping up every few years like they used to. Phone Post 3.0

So why are all the biggest grossing concert tours now by bands that are from back then? Phone Post 3.0

jasperb - Plenty of good music is out there, the difference is the good music back then was played on the radio unlike today. Pop music today is terrible, good music has real instruments and the vest songs tell a story. Phone Post 3.0
You know what?

There was more music that was even better that 99% of the population never heard of, and I'm only speaking on the 70s.

I'd much rather listen to "Heroin" than "Hotel California". Phone Post 3.0

Good music today just isn't popular. Apparently, society likes that electronic trance and bubblegum pop nonsense.

Methinks I'll pass on those and listen to artists like Kadavar, Tobias Jesso Jr, Sturgill Simpson, Beck, MF Doom. Phone Post 3.0

SnapLocally - Logan, it's real easy- just turn your dial from your markets top 40 station to the classic rock one. Problem solved. You are now listening to all your favorite songs, along with the construction workers, warehouse guys, and landscapers across the land.

That said, there were people thinking along the same lines about your overly produced, guitar driven cock-rock, performed in stadiums for crowds of mullet-headed, blue collar guys who live off of Budweiser and cheeseburgers. Phone Post 3.0
Hahaha great response and my usual course of action. Phone Post 3.0

EluThingol - Good music today just isn't popular. Apparently, society likes that electronic trance and bubblegum pop nonsense.

Methinks I'll pass on those and listen to artists like Kadavar, Tobias Jesso Jr, Sturgill Simpson, Beck, MF Doom. Phone Post 3.0
Sturgill is doing good things, I like him! Phone Post 3.0

SnapLocally -
Junnk - 
PunchesandKicks -
Lol no Phone Post 3.0

Let's follow this logic and look to the past.

This is what the music landscape looked like 30 years ago:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billboard_Year-End_Hot_100_singles_of_1986

It was complete shit then, too.

This is an excellent point. I just glanced at several different years top 100's... It's all awful.

Wham had two songs in the top THREE in 1985 while "Born in The USA" was #95 and John Cougar's "Lonely Ole' Night" was #60 something.... Phone Post 3.0

TFK_Fanboy -
Domenico -
So why are all the biggest grossing concert tours now by bands that are from back then? Phone Post 3.0

do you always lie/make shit up or are you making a special exception for us? 613.1 million for today's music vs 340.9 million vs "back then" (and that is giving "back then" u2 which really does not fit in either catergory. should really only be 207.3 million)

Top 15 2015 Concert Tours At The Ticket Booth

• Here are the top highest-grossing tours of 2015:
  • Taylor Swift – $217.4 million.
  • One Direction – $208 million.
  • U2 – $133.6 million.
  • The Rolling Stones – $131.5 million.
  • Kenny Chesney – $114 million.
  • Fleetwood Mac – $75.8 million.
  • Maroon 5 – $73.7 million.
LMAO "modern musics good" then he puts a list up with Taylor Swift and Maroon 5 Phone Post 3.0

TFK_Fanboy -
JJitsu -
TFK_Fanboy -
Domenico -

do you always lie/make shit up or are you making a special exception for us? 613.1 million for today's music vs 340.9 million vs "back then" (and that is giving "back then" u2 which really does not fit in either catergory. should really only be 207.3 million)

Top 15 2015 Concert Tours At The Ticket Booth

• Here are the top highest-grossing tours of 2015:
  • Taylor Swift – $217.4 million.
  • One Direction – $208 million.
  • U2 – $133.6 million.
  • The Rolling Stones – $131.5 million.
  • Kenny Chesney – $114 million.
  • Fleetwood Mac – $75.8 million.
  • Maroon 5 – $73.7 million.
LMAO "modern musics good" then he puts a list up with Taylor Swift and Maroon 5 Phone Post 3.0

so I take it you cannot read? seriously, are you that stupid? you can't be that fucking retarded

please, do me a favor. read my post and the ones I quoted. Use context this time. see if you can figure why your dumbass post makes zero sense

please come back once you understand or if you need me to explain it to you

I understand exactly what you posted TFK Fagboy and really don't think it was reason for you to get as venomous as you just got on me but OK....

I was laughing at the fact that your pussy ass posted how good modern music was in one post then turned around and used all the examples of what people think of as bad modern music to make a point in another fucktard. If YOURE to fucking stupid to understand that since your such a giant bitch made faggot fuck? Then maybe instead of running your bitch mouth at people YOU should go slap your cuntstain of a whoor mother or cowardly faggot of a father for teaching you that it's acceptable to randomly run your know nothing dicklicker at people. You're a fucking pussy and a bitch with bad reading comprehension... You should slap your parents for raising you to be like that, it will make us all feel better. Phone Post 3.0