Ways to tire people out if u have good cardio?

My cardio is one of my strengths. What do you guys think the best ways to wear people down in striking and grappling are if you have good cardio? Thanks!

Ninja mon - My cardio is one of my strengths. What do you guys think the best ways to wear people down in striking and grappling are if you have good cardio? Thanks!
I used to burn 90% of jy opponents out by clinching and pummeling them. Sometimes I felt like I could take them down but Id try to keep it standing to make them tired. After 2 minutes of this most guys were pretty tired. Once I got it to the ground Id jack hammer the guard passes, I didnt care if they fought the guard pass and got me in the half gard but I didnt let them put me in the full guard. By he time I passed half the people had given up. The other half Id make them carry my full weight and I gave them no time to mount an offense, I made them defend the whole time. Won about 90% of my matches and won about 30 medals so I think it works.

Push a fast pace and never relent. 

Striking - Stalk your opponent, constant pressure with footwork and punches, work the body, basically watch Nick and Nate Diaz for striking that tires people out. Just get in their face.. throw volume and never take a step back. 

Clinch game against the fence is grueling. Pressure him, dirty box, foot stomp never give him space.

Grappling - shoot reshoot then reshoot again. (Old Clay Guida). When your ontop be heavy, constant GNP and passing when he opens up. Cover their mouth when you take a pause. Just be active.

Basically relentless attacking. If your cardio is truly world class you will melt most guys pretty quickly. 

Awesome! Thanks!

There are a lot of variables that rely on how you put your game together in a fight, and your specialties. If your a counter puncher for instance, you could use your feints and footwork to draw out your opponent. Using leg kicks to disguise body kicks. Their swinging and missing takes more out of them than connecting, when they over commit on a punch get on the outside of their punching arm and clinch. Or you know, don't...I'm also pretty baked and I think I have a tick in my hair...nope..Tick season is hell for us paranoid stoners out here

I'm a stoner too! Running and cardio are my bread and butter! I haven't found too many people who have as good of cardio as I do!

Do whatever it is that you do best while not allowing your opponent to do what they want to do. You set the pace and force them to fight on your terms. Their gas tank will empty accordingly.

There are alot of ways to go about doing this. Most common ones as follows

Make you foe do what he does not like to do/is not best at doing:

-If hes a distance striker then always be close to him. Use the clunch/pummel on him often. Just make him feel like no matter what, he cant get away from you or you off of him. You dont always have to get the TD but the simple threat on it and you always being so close to him will tire him out.

-If hes a close range striker then make him miss alot. Add feints and footwook to make him miss. To a striker, missing a strike and only hitting air not only taxes the arms but it also taxes the mind. He will start to think you are always outside of his range and he will stop throwing as many strikes. This will open your game. To these type of strikers every punch/kick/elbow landed only makes them feel better. To them being the hammer means they have energy. Its only when they are missing or you not breaking do they get tired. Clinching also helps alot too. But this can be dangerous if you cant get them down soon. You may have to eat a few shots.

-If hes a grappler then see the same gameplan for a close range striker for the most part. Just stay away from him. Pepper him with some straight punches. Keep him chasing you and keep him from dragging you into his element. Grapplers are always known as people who have great cardio, but honestly they will gas out just as fast as any striker if you make them do what they dont want to do. If hes the type who likes to be on top, then keep him on the bottom if possible. Most likely this will not be the case. He at some point will get on top. Its best to just try to get the stand up or sweep him and get out of his guard.

KNOW THE TYPE OF CARDIO HE NORMALLY HAS:

Not everyone has the same type of cardio. Some guys are red liners and some guys can cruise forever.

Redliners contrary to popular belief can last just fine in a fight. If you let them dictate the pace of the fight and blitz you when they want and then rest when they want, they will not gas. They are easy to gadge to see if they are starting to lose steam by how long they need their rest time to be. If they cant out you away in a blitz then they will need to rest at some point. That is when you attack. Dont let them just sit there and regain their energy. Make them work for it.

Cruisers can be a pain in the ass. They never seem to gas. You got to force it out of them. You have to make them redline long and often. Make them work harder and longer then they want to and sooner or later they will break. Issue is, those guys are ready from most things more times then not. Just rinse and repeat until they start to break.

All in all, different art require different set of muscle groupes. Strikers need different areas of their body to be stronger to strike better and Grapplers need others.

People will often say "make a body builder a carpenter for the day and he will be tired by lunch time." This is true. But also if you as Joe the Carpenter to go to the gym with a body builder and do his work out, joe may call out of work the next day.

FRAT:

Just overall make them do what they dont like to do. Be well rounded enough to follow a gameplan and dont let him make you do what you dont want to do.

Be mentally tough and be able to "dig deep" when needed but dont depend on this. Your body will break at some point, just like theirs

Have a coach who can read your foe and follow their instruction if hes worth his salt.

just use lowkicks, bro

Wrestling and grappling

Look at what Jones does with his clinches, same with DC

Also what Cain did to JDS twice

Also another school of thought I forgot to hit on was your Foes type of movement.

Some fighters like/need to come forward. They like to chase. Others just stand there like a gunslinger at Highnoon. Then lastly some guys move side to side a back peddle.

Dont let them move in the way they like also works.

Take for example Tyson and his peek-a-boo style. Some guys say to tire out a striker you stalk them. This is not always wise. Stalking a power puncher like Tyson leads you to waking up on you face because he likes to stalk you. He wants to be close to you. Also good luck making Tyson run from you.

So lets see. You cant stalk tyson because he will meet you at the center of the ring and just faceplant you. You aint going to make him back up by stalking him. If you move side to side he will chase you still. So what can you do?

You do what Holyfield and his traing staff thought up. You make him stop moving all together. You clinch or lean on him. Dont let him build up steam and when he starts to tire out, you lean on him some more and then start to push him back.

I loved Holyfield v Tyson 1. It showed that stopping or reversing a fighters movement can make them a lesser fighter.

Same premise can be applied to any fighter. Make them move the way they dont want to move. Or dont allow them to move at all.

Be better at fighting than the other guy. That will tire him out and you'll still be better at fighting. Make him carry your weight standing and in the ground. The real answer to this question is work with a coach in a gym.

Interesting thread!

Great thread!

nobody is born with cardio, what is the best way to get cardio? just 100m wind sprints?

Ninja mon - Awesome! Thanks!

This. Good post. Cardio is the greatest submission. The other guy can have a Porsche, you can have a shitbox...you're still going to win if he doesn't have enough gas to finish the race. Your pace determines how long that race will be.

stevosmith - nobody is born with cardio, what is the best way to get cardio? just 100m wind sprints?

The best functional cardio for rolling, wrestling, fighting and hitting is...rolling, wrestling, fighting and hitting. Those are your staples, and never forget that with the next training fad.

Thanks a lot for all of you answers gentleman! Greatly appreciated! And please, keep em coming!

stevosmith - nobody is born with cardio, what is the best way to get cardio? just 100m wind sprints?

The amazing think about the human body is it adapt's to its environment. If all you do is wind sprints then your training your body to be one of the "redliners" that I was talking about.

Meaning that for a shirt burst of time you will be an animal. Your Cardio will allow you to do more then most people can in a short amount of time.

While that is good, it has its draw backs. At some point you will need a break. Your body will start to feel sluggish and your heart rate will rise to higher levels.

No matter the level of athlete, if you red line your body, it will break down. At some point you will just not be able to give your body the level of Oxygen it needs to preform at its best. Meaning you will need a break longer then someone who has only pushed their body at a moderate pace.

With intervals between rounds being short, this can be an issue.

But this works out great for some people. It suits their style best. Think of a Vitor Belfort type.

Me myself, I have always been a "cruiser". Meaning I don't red line often. I go at my own pace and I can do this for a long long time at a decent but not extreme level.

My cardio as always been distance/time length based. It's just what I like to do. It's the same approach the Diaz bro's take in their marathon running(though I'm not a marathon runner) and may boxers do too. They run for MILES! Well, unless your name is Deontray Wilder that is.

Unlike Vitor who will blitz you and then take a break, they will set a moderate to slightly elevated pace and then break you later. The key is to make yput foe realize that over time the constent pace was being elevated slowly over time and making you work more later in the rounds then you had to in the first.

Neither way is "the wrong way". It's just best to have a little of both in case you need it really.

BruteDion - 
stevosmith - nobody is born with cardio, what is the best way to get cardio? just 100m wind sprints?

The amazing think about the human body is it adapt's to its environment. If all you do is wind sprints then your training your body to be one of the "redliners" that I was talking about.

Meaning that for a shirt burst of time you will be an animal. Your Cardio will allow you to do more then most people can in a short amount of time.

While that is good, it has its draw backs. At some point you will need a break. Your body will start to feel sluggish and your heart rate will rise to higher levels.

No matter the level of athlete, if you red line your body, it will break down. At some point you will just not be able to give your body the level of Oxygen it needs to preform at its best. Meaning you will need a break longer then someone who has only pushed their body at a moderate pace.

With intervals between rounds being short, this can be an issue.

But this works out great for some people. It suits their style best. Think of a Vitor Belfort type.

Me myself, I have always been a "cruiser". Meaning I don't red line often. I go at my own pace and I can do this for a long long time at a decent but not extreme level.

My cardio as always been distance/time length based. It's just what I like to do. It's the same approach the Diaz bro's take in their marathon running(though I'm not a marathon runner) and may boxers do too. They run for MILES! Well, unless your name is Deontray Wilder that is.

Unlike Vitor who will blitz you and then take a break, they will set a moderate to slightly elevated pace and then break you later. The key is to make yput foe realize that over time the constent pace was being elevated slowly over time and making you work more later in the rounds then you had to in the first.

Neither way is "the wrong way". It's just best to have a little of both in case you need it really.

Gold! I am the same way too! I can run miles on end, I always think about how it's the boxer's bread and butter, and has been for decades!