Ways to tire people out if u have good cardio?

Punch, fake shot, punch, takedown, ground n pound, let them stand. Repeat. So damn tiring flinching and adjusting from striking to takedown's, then again scrambling back to your feet once you've been ground n pounded for a while.

Keep a constant jab in their face. That'll shorten their breathing and tire them out. Jab jab clinch, bail, and repeat for first 1/2 of round 1. 

Saltine American - 

Keep a constant jab in their face. That'll shorten their breathing and tire them out. Jab jab clinch, bail, and repeat for first 1/2 of round 1. 

That will not work if the foe is a distance striker who likes to fight at that pace.

He would gladly welcome that.

You got to know what he likes to do and do the opposite.

IN

If u are not a wrestler or strong top position grappler, as obvious as this sounds go all in on your guard. I started as a wrestler and could dominate most from top but struggled against better wrestlers. Went all in my my guard, literally years of starting on my back and after 2-3 years had a good guard and long legs, with a. Background in wrestling. Obviously I'm biased but it is my favorite style of grappler and to answer your question having by a good top base and great guard you can get your wins back on top if that's where you control your opponent and/or let your opponent wear himself out trying to pass and defending submissions. Very basic I know but being a balanced grappler is the best thing you can do for your game 

Hand over the mouth 60% of the time it works every time.

Babymonst - Hand over the mouth 60% of the time it works every time.

Kinda puts ur arm in bad position ? I've had one guy do it rolling once and I felt like it did nothing but put his arm in a bad spot 

make em chase u and miss

Clinching for me is fucking exhausting. I can roll for hours and hours, and strike for a long time, but clinching is that one cardiovascular game that is hard to improve on.

Chadderz - Clinching for me is fucking exhausting. I can roll for hours and hours, and strike for a long time, but clinching is that one cardiovascular game that is hard to improve on.

As I have said, different arts require a different set of mucles to be developed.

Most likely your posterior chain muscles are a bit lacking.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posterior_chain

Guys who are in strong clinching arts like Greco-Roman have well developed mucles in this area.

Work on this area of you body for not only strength but also conditioning. And your cardio will follow.

BruteDion -
stevosmith - nobody is born with cardio, what is the best way to get cardio? just 100m wind sprints?

The amazing think about the human body is it adapt's to its environment. If all you do is wind sprints then your training your body to be one of the "redliners" that I was talking about.

Meaning that for a shirt burst of time you will be an animal. Your Cardio will allow you to do more then most people can in a short amount of time.

While that is good, it has its draw backs. At some point you will need a break. Your body will start to feel sluggish and your heart rate will rise to higher levels.

No matter the level of athlete, if you red line your body, it will break down. At some point you will just not be able to give your body the level of Oxygen it needs to preform at its best. Meaning you will need a break longer then someone who has only pushed their body at a moderate pace.

With intervals between rounds being short, this can be an issue.

But this works out great for some people. It suits their style best. Think of a Vitor Belfort type.

Me myself, I have always been a "cruiser". Meaning I don't red line often. I go at my own pace and I can do this for a long long time at a decent but not extreme level.

My cardio as always been distance/time length based. It's just what I like to do. It's the same approach the Diaz bro's take in their marathon running(though I'm not a marathon runner) and may boxers do too. They run for MILES! Well, unless your name is Deontray Wilder that is.

Unlike Vitor who will blitz you and then take a break, they will set a moderate to slightly elevated pace and then break you later. The key is to make yput foe realize that over time the constent pace was being elevated slowly over time and making you work more later in the rounds then you had to in the first.

Neither way is "the wrong way". It's just best to have a little of both in case you need it really.
Why not do both?

What I always liked:
-Set the treadmill to 8 or so and run at that pace for 4 min.

-On the 5th min, set the treadmill to 13 or so (you should be close to a full sprint) and try and maintain that for a full min.

-Then wind down for another min at a slow jog (I always set it to 6 or so).

-repeat x5

In

2breath2feel -
Babymonst - Hand over the mouth 60% of the time it works every time.

Kinda puts ur arm in bad position ? I've had one guy do it rolling once and I felt like it did nothing but put his arm in a bad spot 

Don't worry that's just 40% of the time, you just gotta run the numbers ;)

slm181 -
BruteDion -
stevosmith - nobody is born with cardio, what is the best way to get cardio? just 100m wind sprints?

The amazing think about the human body is it adapt's to its environment. If all you do is wind sprints then your training your body to be one of the "redliners" that I was talking about.

Meaning that for a shirt burst of time you will be an animal. Your Cardio will allow you to do more then most people can in a short amount of time.

While that is good, it has its draw backs. At some point you will need a break. Your body will start to feel sluggish and your heart rate will rise to higher levels.

No matter the level of athlete, if you red line your body, it will break down. At some point you will just not be able to give your body the level of Oxygen it needs to preform at its best. Meaning you will need a break longer then someone who has only pushed their body at a moderate pace.

With intervals between rounds being short, this can be an issue.

But this works out great for some people. It suits their style best. Think of a Vitor Belfort type.

Me myself, I have always been a "cruiser". Meaning I don't red line often. I go at my own pace and I can do this for a long long time at a decent but not extreme level.

My cardio as always been distance/time length based. It's just what I like to do. It's the same approach the Diaz bro's take in their marathon running(though I'm not a marathon runner) and may boxers do too. They run for MILES! Well, unless your name is Deontray Wilder that is.

Unlike Vitor who will blitz you and then take a break, they will set a moderate to slightly elevated pace and then break you later. The key is to make yput foe realize that over time the constent pace was being elevated slowly over time and making you work more later in the rounds then you had to in the first.

Neither way is "the wrong way". It's just best to have a little of both in case you need it really.
Why not do both?

What I always liked:
-Set the treadmill to 8 or so and run at that pace for 4 min.

-On the 5th min, set the treadmill to 13 or so (you should be close to a full sprint) and try and maintain that for a full min.

-Then wind down for another min at a slow jog (I always set it to 6 or so).

-repeat x5

But yes, going both is the way to go. Is which I was trying to say with my last line.

AgedCaviar - Be better at fighting than the other guy. That will tire him out and you'll still be better at fighting. Make him carry your weight standing and in the ground. The real answer to this question is work with a coach in a gym.

BruteDion basically says the same thing... in details.

Sure as he says if you make the other guy fight a game he's not used to and doesn't like, you will tire him out, both mentally and physically. BUT, it means you can actually impose your style!

I quickly found out that cardio is my main strength in the fight game. A mix of Bas' MMA workouts and long cycling rides sure help!

Oh, and lots of VEGGIES. I'm not kidding. I credit Randy Couture for that. Remember when he promoted a green supplement years ago? It REALLY enhanced my endurance. Since then, I've added juices that are usually all veggies plus a half banana, eggs and chocolate protein powder for taste and well, making it a meal. In other words, nutrition also helps with cardio!

1 Like

Run in circles until they bend over to catch their breath. Then kick them in the teeth.

In guard constantly read their micro movements and push and pull in the direction they're moving. Get them to keep catching their base and posting on the mat to stay in posture.

On top learn to drop your weight like a mofo.

BigEyedFish - In guard constantly read their micro movements and push and pull in the direction they're moving. Get them to keep catching their base and posting on the mat to stay in posture.

On top learn to drop your weight like a mofo.

So true. This is what I was saying in my post about denying movements.

Its like it's built into our DNA. When our movement is denied we get pissed/tired.

Waiting in line to ride that new Rollercoaster, when the red light is taking to long to turn,being passed over for that promotion at work.

Denying or reversing abother persons movement can be the worst thing to happen to them that day.

Fighting/BJJ is no different.

Yep. Making their muscled fire when they don't want or expect them to.

If you are in shape and had some knowledge you are pretty much going to fck most the population up. I managed this rnb singer super athletic. He took 3 steps to the hole and could dunk all the time. I couldnt imagine what lebron can do if in 3 steps he is there. Yet i won all our games because as it get later i just didnt tire like he did. I was hitting the back for the first time after a knee injury. My timing and footwork was all off. Two minute rrounds killed me. It all really matters with ur skillset