WBC- top15OrChamp, 2YrBan if Compete inRio Olympic

If they compete in the Rio Olympics. Sorry for weird thread title, wanted to put the most info possible.

Any Champion or top 15 Fighter who competes in the Rio Olympics will be banned for 2 years. Phone Post 3.0

Why authorise them in the first place?
This is confusing. Phone Post 3.0

GrindOnLine - Why authorise them in the first place?
This is confusing. Phone Post 3.0
I believe it would have been the IOC who authorized them, not the WBC. Phone Post 3.0

I'm pretty sure they can't do that. It's a big deal but no notable pro is going to go back to the amateurs. Phone Post 3.0

Stern - I'm pretty sure they can't do that. It's a big deal but no notable pro is going to go back to the amateurs. Phone Post 3.0
The WBC would be banning them from from WBC sanctioned bouts and WBC sanctioned titles, not from boxing. It would be interesting to see the limitations of the WBC if a Champion was to compete anyway, especially if they won a gold medal. Some promoters might just not give a fuck about the ban, and boxing needs fewer sanctioning bodies anyway. Phone Post 3.0

Chromium -
Stern - I'm pretty sure they can't do that. It's a big deal but no notable pro is going to go back to the amateurs. Phone Post 3.0
The WBC would be banning them from from WBC sanctioned bouts and WBC sanctioned titles, not from boxing. It would be interesting to see the limitations of the WBC if a Champion was to compete anyway, especially if they won a gold medal. Some promoters might just not give a fuck about the ban, and boxing needs fewer sanctioning bodies anyway. Phone Post 3.0
I don't think young fighters want to be black balled from the WBC though Phone Post 3.0

Is the WBC the equivalent of UFC in MMA? Phone Post 3.0

GrindOnLine - Is the WBC the equivalent of UFC in MMA? Phone Post 3.0
It's probably the most prominent sanctioning body. There's 4 major sanctioning bodies (WBC, WBA, IBF, WBO), but they all have their issues, and the WBC is no exemption. Favoritism, sanctioning mismatches as title fights, and stripping belts when it might benefit them are common for all. The IBF follows their own internal rules the best, I'd say, but it still leads to crazy situations like Tysons Fury being stripped of their belt after beating Klitschko, and two basically unproven HW's fighting to call themselves world champion. Phone Post 3.0

GrilliamG -
It's probably the most prominent sanctioning body. There's 4 major sanctioning bodies (WBC, WBA, IBF, WBO), but they all have their issues, and the WBC is no exemption. Favoritism, sanctioning mismatches as title fights, and stripping belts when it might benefit them are common for all. The IBF follows their own internal rules the best, I'd say, but it still leads to crazy situations like Tysons Fury being stripped of their belt after beating Klitschko, and two basically unproven HW's fighting to call themselves world champion. Phone Post 3.0
Damn, misspellings abound. I promise, me talk pretty sometimes. Phone Post 3.0

GrilliamG -
GrilliamG -
Thank mate.
I've noticed you used "sanction body" but not promotion. Is that on purpose? Phone Post 3.0

GrindOnLine -
GrilliamG -
GrilliamG -
Thank mate.
I've noticed you used "sanction body" but not promotion. Is that on purpose? Phone Post 3.0
Yeah, boxing works differently than MMA. In the UFC, they handle matchmaking, fight promotion, most of the purses, titles, securing TV deals, etc. It's a lot more divided in boxing.

The sanctioning bodies handle everything involving titles. Rankings, #1 contender bouts, stuff like that.

Promoters handle the matchmaking, and selling those matchups to different TV companies, as well as all the press work involves. That's people like Top Rank, Golden Boy Promotions, and the PBC.

Managers are the ones negotiating for stuff like purses, weight-limits, and aspects relating directly to the fighter that's in their employ. Sometimes it's just weight-class and payment, but sometimes it gets down to the nitty gritty of what kinds of gloves are being used, what size gloves, what the material of the gloves are, etc. Phone Post 3.0

"Oh shit! I can't fight for a WBC belt??? Oh fuck! Oh no, wait, I can still fight for any of the other 36 world titles, it's fine." Phone Post 3.0

I don't see a whole lot of appeal for the pros to drop down into the amateurs and go after Olympic glory. Certainly not the elite, pros.

The boxing is different. It is a true, point fight affair, in that they actually count the punches landed and use that as their score. A giant bomb is equivalent to a job. Pros walk right into a disadvantage. Furthermore, the pro would be dropping down a level from where they already compete. Boxing would be one of the lesser prestigious events to compete in, based on the level of competition, the corruption involved, and as already mentioned, the bastardization of the scoring system.

The only upside I see, is Olympic gold, parlayed into a big promotional push.

It would bring more attention to ammy boxing though Phone Post 3.0

Bivabiva - "Oh shit! I can't fight for a WBC belt??? Oh fuck! Oh no, wait, I can still fight for any of the other 36 world titles, it's fine." Phone Post 3.0
This.

After his hit and run it would have been like Jones getting banned from driving

........a Toyota. Phone Post 3.0