We don't know if MightyMouse used EPO b4 fight too

Mighty Mouse was never even tested out of competition like his fly weight championship opponent was. That's ridiculous.

How do we know Mighty Mouse wasn't using PED's leading up to the fight and stopped using to avoid a positive after fight test to let PED's cleared his system before them??? This is PED cheating 101 kinda' stuff because the positive affects of many substances last even after they have been discontinued cleared your system. That's why random out of competition test were developed.

How the hell can you hold a fair & equitable championship fight (or any other for that matter) when BOTH fighters, the champion & their opponent, ARE NOT tested with the same PED testing in the same manner before & after the fight???

What a joke really. Legitimate competition not quite so much...

---------

BC Commission UFC 174 Drug Testing Results - Press Release Excerpt

β€œIn addition to the June 14 tests, Mr. Ali Bagautinov – one of the two flyweight title fighters – was tested out of competition on June 2, 2014."

---------

Full press release... http://www.cscd.gov.bc.ca/bcathleticcommission/docs/news_releases/2014CSCD0046-000949.pdf

its called random testing, not every fighter is going to get tested every fight, that would be ridiculously expensive. But yes in a perfect world everyone would get tested all the time. Phone Post 3.0

i have that cherrypicking feeling about this testing,they always test both fighters

Morpheus1976 - i have that cherrypicking feeling about this testing,they always test both fighters

Wow, thats fucking weird to say the least.  They had reason to suspect him since he failed a couple years ago but to test the challenger and not the defending champion out of comp is bullshit

Jimmy Wrassler -
Morpheus1976 - i have that cherrypicking feeling about this testing,they always test both fighters

Wow, thats fucking weird to say the least.  They had reason to suspect him since he failed a couple years ago but to test the challenger and not the defending champion out of comp is bullshit

Who failed a couple years ago? Phone Post 3.0

First off, the tests were randomized.

Secondly, MM doesn't have a history of doping like Ali did.

I think whenever a fighter is randomly tested, the person he is fighting should also be tested. Phone Post 3.0

Huey freman -
Jimmy Wrassler -

Who failed a couple years ago? Phone Post 3.0
Ali is currently serving a suspension from sambo competition for elevated epo levels Phone Post 3.0

Jimmy Wrassler - 

How do we know that MM wasn't tested out of competition?? Just because they don't mention him doesn't mean that it wasn't done.

Wait, if tests are random and one guy in a fight got tested this time, why have pairs of opponents come up multiple times for testing then?

Hendricks/Lawler as an example...

Phisher - 

First off, the tests were randomized.

Secondly, MM doesn't have a history of doping like Ali did.

Lance Armstrong never failed a drug test either.

ChaosOverkill - 

Wait, if tests are random and one guy in a fight got tested this time, why have pairs of opponents come up multiple times for testing then?

Hendricks/Lawler as an example...

what about Barnett? failed 3 times, so for the browne fight they did limited WADA testing, but Browne had to enroll too, but he never failed anything.

RicGillespie - 
Jimmy Wrassler - 

How do we know that MM wasn't tested out of competition?? Just because they don't mention him doesn't mean that it wasn't done.

Because they said specifically to the flyweight championship fight...

"Mr. Ali Bagautinov one of the two flyweight title fighters, was tested out of competition on June 2, 2014"

Ali was tested before the fight and MM was not. We really have not clue if he was on EPO or anything else as well. This is why we have seen virtually every UFC fighter test positive out of competition with random tests.

mmainsurgent - 
RicGillespie - 
Jimmy Wrassler - 

"Mr. Ali Bagautinov one of the two flyweight title fighters, was tested out of competition on June 2, 2014"

Ali was tested before the fight and MM was not. We really have not clue if he was on EPO or anything else as well. This is why we have seen virtually every UFC fighter test positive out of competition with random tests.

Read the way it was originally put in.  Mr. Ali Bagutitonov - one of the two flyweight title fighters -

As in they were explaining to people reading the newspaper article (because the original article everyone has been using for that part comes from The Province) exactly who Ali was.  Vancouver has one of the worst sports and mma scenes in Canada, so most people reading the sports page would need to know who he actually was if they were reading it.

That doesn't say Mighty Mouse wasn't tested.

mmainsurgent - 
RicGillespie - 
Jimmy Wrassler - 

Holy fuck you are dumb. Not even going to bother trying.

MMAtador -
jmont - its called random testing, not every fighter is going to get tested every fight, that would be ridiculously expensive. But yes in a perfect world everyone would get tested all the time. Phone Post 3.0
How expensive can it be? DFW hands 5,000 over to the guy who serves him dinner for a tip. It's not like fighters make any money so why can't the UFC afford to test there fighters. Phone Post 3.0
Joe Rogan recently said that Joe Silva told him that it can cost around $45,000 per each fighter to test for EPO...

That's pretty damn expensive Phone Post 3.0

True, OP. But we also don't know the status of nearly every fighter that's fought in the UFC this year. Had MM been tested and passed, we still wouldn't know for sure.

According to Dr. Don Catlin one of the preeminent drug testing researchers in the world, it costs $400 to test for EPO in 2003.

LMAO at $45k per test. I get bloodwork done every 8-12 weeks for Testosterone levels, Estrogen levels, liver values, and all kinds of other shit. The cost of that test is $65 without insurance. Now, I'm sure it probably costs a bit more to test for compounds such as EPO, but come on...

Someone at Zuffa is either lying or getting ripped off.