we learned nothing last night

that fight robbed us of knowing who the greatest middleweight in the world is because of silvas antics.

sure weidman won but does anyone think with confidence he proved he is a better fighter than Anderson? Phone Post 3.0

no, but now Silva has to prove he is a better fighter than Weidman.

Anderson is still the greatest middleweight.. sooner or later you lose.. all great fighters have loss

mose - no, but now Silva has to prove he is a better fighter than Weidman.

very true Phone Post 3.0

We learned that Silva's only human.

I learned that Weidman is capable of KOing Silva, which I did not think was the case before the fight.

mose - no, but now Silva has to prove he is a better fighter than Weidman.

This. Phone Post

I hope those that didn't know realize how dumb it is to drop your hands and taunt your opponent. Hopefully there will be a rematch(I'm almost certain there will be)and that will answer the "what ifs" and "shoulda coulda wouldas".

People should watch Round 1 again...

jar of flies - People should watch Round 1 again...

This. Chris landed a takedown, jumped on a submission, won the round, then KO'd Anderson fucking Silva.

What else does the guy have to do?

This. Weidman controlled the fight from start to finish and beat andy at his own game. 

Even in a rematch if Silva is more careful on the feet and shows more respect to Chris's standup he is pushing 39 and Chris will be even more improved. 

A lot of people forgetting to eat their crow today.

Chris really is as confident as he said.. had no problem getting Anderson down and wasn't content to grind out a decision like many assumed, but instead landed a lot of hard GNP and wasn't scared to give up position for a very risky sub.

Unwariestpickle -

This. Chris landed a takedown, jumped on a submission, won the round, then KO'd Anderson fucking Silva.

c'mon man I'm not saying he didn't win, Anderson silva didn't take him seriously at all and lost. we have no idea who the better fighter is unless Anderson takes it seriously Phone Post 3.0

EXACTLY! I want my money back. However the rest of the card was awesome. ... we didnt see a competitive main event. Phone Post

Anderson fans seem to forget the whole first round of the fight. That happens when Anderson gets KTFO. Weidman was in control of the fight through and through. Aside from a few leg kicks, what did Anderson do? Honestly, I think once Weidman took him down and hit him, then tried the leg lock, he realized this kid really had the confidence that he could beat him. so he tried his matrix moves, the same ones Andy nuthuggers praise in his wins but call stupid here, but they didn't work

Anderson fans seem to forget the whole first round of the fight. That happens when Anderson gets KTFO. Weidman was in control of the fight through and through. Aside from a few leg kicks, what did Anderson do? Honestly, I think once Weidman took him down and hit him, then tried the leg lock, he realized this kid really had the confidence that he could beat him. so he tried his matrix moves, the same ones Andy nuthuggers praise in his wins but call stupid here, but they didn't work

Dmoney35 -
Unwariestpickle -

c'mon man I'm not saying he didn't win, Anderson silva didn't take him seriously at all and lost. we have no idea who the better fighter is unless Anderson takes it seriously Phone Post 3.0

You're a troll Phone Post

TheMessiah - Anderson is still the greatest middleweight.. sooner or later you lose.. all great fighters have loss

Yes but its not like he lost giving it his all. That was a fucking stupid way to lose plain and simple. Would not have cared if he got caught fighting legitimately. Phone Post

OGT -
TheMessiah - Anderson is still the greatest middleweight.. sooner or later you lose.. all great fighters have loss

Yes but its not like he lost giving it his all. That was a fucking stupid way to lose plain and simple. Would not have cared if he got caught fighting legitimately. Phone Post

Not making excuses for Silva by any means, just super disappointed he didn't take it seriously. Weidman deserved to win. Phone Post