we learned nothing last night

caseharts - 
Dmoney35 -
Unwariestpickle -
jar of flies - People should watch Round 1 again...

This. Chris landed a takedown, jumped on a submission, won the round, then KO'd Anderson fucking Silva.

What else does the guy have to do?
c'mon man I'm not saying he didn't win, Anderson silva didn't take him seriously at all and lost. we have no idea who the better fighter is unless Anderson takes it seriously Phone Post 3.0

You're a troll Phone Post

He must be.

You don't defend the middleweight belt 10 times by "not taking fighters seriously." It's insulting to Anderson, and it's insulting to Weidman.

OGT -
TheMessiah - Anderson is still the greatest middleweight.. sooner or later you lose.. all great fighters have loss

Yes but its not like he lost giving it his all. That was a fucking stupid way to lose plain and simple. Would not have cared if he got caught fighting legitimately. Phone Post

Trollllllliolilooooo Phone Post

OGT -
TheMessiah - Anderson is still the greatest middleweight.. sooner or later you lose.. all great fighters have loss

Yes but its not like he lost giving it his all. That was a fucking stupid way to lose plain and simple. Would not have cared if he got caught fighting legitimately. Phone Post

this is the sentiment I'm trying to convey. Phone Post 3.0

Dmoney35 -
OGT -

No he did it to people who couldn't ko him. Chris had his number. If sikva didn't show boat he would have gotten sat on. Stop acting like a non show boating silva is better Phone Post

We learned Weidman = AIN'T shook and his standup is better than everyone thought too.

Anderson may Matrix him next fight but he solved the taunting 14 or so guys couldn't

JetSetter - I don't see why everyone is talking shit about Silvas antics. He does those in every fight and when he knocks his opponent out we call him the Matrix. The first time he does it and gets beat everyone turns on him. That's just the way he fights and its been pretty freaking awesome for the last 7 years. Phone Post 3.0

It makes for a great show when it works out, and if Anderson had gotten the KO instead of Chris, at the same exact time, there would be a flood of threads talking about how impressive it was, but it didn't happen this time.

That was Anderson doing what Anderson has done for years. He's a great fighter, and it worked to make Chris strike with him, but this time it didn't give him the result he usually gets.

OGT -

. Phone Post 3.0

Unwariestpickle -
caseharts - 
Dmoney35 -
Unwariestpickle -

This. Chris landed a takedown, jumped on a submission, won the round, then KO'd Anderson fucking Silva.

What else does the guy have to do?
c'mon man I'm not saying he didn't win, Anderson silva didn't take him seriously at all and lost. we have no idea who the better fighter is unless Anderson takes it seriously Phone Post 3.0

You're a troll Phone Post

He must be.

You don't defend the middleweight belt 10 times by "not taking fighters seriously." It's insulting to Anderson, and it's insulting to Weidman.
ya man I totally said silva never took anyone seriously .

why do you think more people are talking about silvas antics today than a convincing weidman win???

until weidman beats him again his title is made of paper. hate it all you want but I expect the second fight to go like gsp Serra 2 Phone Post 3.0

caseharts -
Dmoney35 -
OGT -

No he did it to people who couldn't ko him. Chris had his number. If sikva didn't show boat he would have gotten sat on. Stop acting like a non show boating silva is better Phone Post

you are retarded, silva did more to help weidman win than anyone. Phone Post 3.0

Dmoney35 -
caseharts -
Dmoney35 -
OGT -

you are retarded, silva did more to help weidman win than anyone. Phone Post 3.0

Ya I'm retarded dude. Cry on. For the first time a better fighter and athlete fights him and he loses. Your disrespecting anderson and Chris. You are wrong and discrediting two men.

How about just admit the legend got beat in his own game Phone Post

We just learned you are in serious denial and that no matter what happened, you weren't going to give Weidman any respect.

Your MO is to lick Silva balls above all else. Phone Post 3.0

Bisping decisioned my SN - 

This. Weidman controlled the fight from start to finish and beat andy at his own game. 

Even in a rematch if Silva is more careful on the feet and shows more respect to Chris's standup he is pushing 39 and Chris will be even more improved. 

lolwut? I had money on Weidman and thought he would win (by wrestling though) but the end of the 1st round had Anderson stuffing his takedowns with ease, and had Weidman looking tired.

Round 2 also had Anderson stuffing Weidman's only takedown and had him throwing LEG KICKS out of all things, I see people saying Anderson was worried about his takedowns, is that why he was throwing leg kicks?. fact is, he got a little too cute with his antics, was caught off balance leaning back as far as he could with no room to move and BOOM, he got caught.

The Brool Story Company -
Bisping decisioned my SN - 

This. Weidman controlled the fight from start to finish and beat andy at his own game. 

Even in a rematch if Silva is more careful on the feet and shows more respect to Chris's standup he is pushing 39 and Chris will be even more improved. 

lolwut? I had money on Weidman and thought he would win (by wrestling though) but the end of the 1st round had Anderson stuffing his takedowns with ease, and had Weidman looking tired.

Round 2 also had Anderson stuffing Weidman's only takedown and had him throwing LEG KICKS out of all things, I see people saying Anderson was worried about his takedowns, is that why he was throwing leg kicks?. fact is, he got a little too cute with his antics, was caught off balance leaning back as far as he could with no room to move and BOOM, he got caught.

Chris didn't attempt many take downs. .. He clinched and than broke off and pushed forward. Phone Post

caseharts -
OGT -

Feel free to disagree but I'm no troll. Phone Post

DoomFarmer - We just learned you are in serious denial and that no matter what happened, you weren't going to give Weidman any respect.

Your MO is to lick Silva balls above all else. Phone Post 3.0

I'm gonna have to quote this in the name of truth and justice. There are a lot of people who were ready to start making excuses for Anderson because they can't handle being wrong. If Weidman would have won a decision, Silva would have been injured. If he got subbed, Anderson let it happen because he placed a bet on Weidman to win by sub.

Anderson lost. He got knocked out while trying to implement his gameplan. If Anderson says he trained hard and took Chris seriously, then I believe him. Silva was trying to bait Chris like he has with other challengers and he paid for it. Although it looks like Anderson is playing around, he's not. He may look like he's fucking around, but that's all mind games he's playing with his opponent. There is nothing playful about the strikes he's throwing when he's taunting guys like this.

I do think that Weidman KOing Anderson was the least likely way for him to win going into the fight, but it still happened. Anderson didn't "let" it happen, and if he could have prevented it, obviously he would have. The fact of the matter is that Silva was trying to lure Weidman into his game and overestimated his ability to avoid his strikes. Even if Weidman wins the rematch dominantly, there are people out of touch with reality who won't be able to concede that he's the better fighter and will continue to make excuses.

Anderson isn't making excuses for himself or saying he wasn't taking Chris seriously, so nobody should be doing it for him. He had an unbelievable, unparalleled UFC championship run, but it ended legitimately last night. I'm already excited for the rematch, although it'll probably be a year before we see it.

OGT -
caseharts -
OGT -

Phone Post

caseharts -
OGT -
caseharts -
OGT -

Phone Post

LOL I'll vote you up later Phone Post

^^Weidmans standup is not that good..sure, he caught Silva but he missed a hundred times before that..Weidman is another slow striker along the likes of Bonnar and Forrest, nothing special about his striking..

Bry Bry - ^^Weidmans standup is not that good..sure, he caught Silva but he missed a hundred times before that..Weidman is another slow striker along the likes of Bonnar and Forrest, nothing special about his striking..

Phone Post

jar of flies - People should watch Round 1 again...
Why ? Yeah he took Anderson down, landed a few shots but couldn't keep him there. He then got his second takedown stuffed easily, gets tired, and is forced to stand with a guy on a completely different level striking wise. Anderson clowns way too much and gets caught. I agree that this fight doesn't really prove anything. I can't see Anderson doing that again in a rematch. Chris was wide open for shots the whole time on the feet, but Anderson decided to play. Phone Post 3.0