We need a clean sweep in upcoming elections.

Every incumbent in congress both demorcrat and republican should be voted out.

And for President next time lets not choose someone named bush or clinton.

PUBLIC's_bsc_in_my_bloodyfluid - Every incumbent in congress both demorcrat and republican should be voted out.

And for President next time lets not choose someone named bush or clinton.

did you say "next president" lololol

Why would you vote out the good with the bad? If you got a clean sweep you would turn over the keys to the lobbyists. They already have enough power.

vote libertarian party

voted up OP

well said

attjack - Why would you vote out the good with the bad? If you got a clean sweep you would turn over the keys to the lobbyists. They already have enough power.

The lobbyist are already in the pockets of the Congressman. At least this way we might get a few who actually listen to voters and not what their party or special interest group tell them to.  We have to cut the strings off of the puppets and start fresh.

attjack - Why would you vote out the good with the bad? If you got a clean sweep you would turn over the keys to the lobbyists. They already have enough power.

At this point it wouldn't matter.  Percentage wise how many do you consider good?  If 10% of the good went out with 90% of the POS politicians, that would be an acceptable loss IMO.

With the advancement of technology the entire political party BS should go. 

We can all vote, we can all be heard through technology. Fuck having to write a letter to my "representative" and hope that they speak for our opinions and not those of whom have paid them off. 

UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman - 

We can all vote, we can all be heard through technology. Fuck having to write a letter to my "representative" and hope that they speak for our opinions and not those of whom have paid them off. 

do you really beleive that?

ntcdef -

vote libertarian party

This. Or at the very least the liberty based candidates from the big two parties. Phone Post 3.0

Let's also not elect someone based on the idea that it's about time there was an "X" president.

I would rather have a congress of Libertarians vs Green party then the current assclowns.

Ventura / Stern Phone Post

Pretjah - 
UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman - 

do you really beleive that?

Believe that it would be better, or that it is possible? 

If we trust technology to protect our money, why not have american citizens directly vote using the same technology? If millions upon millions trust technology to protect us financially, why not have our votes counted that same way (not exclusively of course)? I trust Chase and Amazon and Paypal...for the most part. 

Obviously there would be concerns and issues, but would it possibly be a better solution than this BS party system with paid off "representatives"?

i agree "party system" sucks

representative system does not.

He'll yeah. The mob has been assembling torches and pitchforks, now it's time for a Nov 1st crackdown. Take America back from the oligarchs.

Vote none of the above. People around in the 80's will know what movie that is from.

WISEGUY66 - Vote none of the above. People around in the 80's will know what movie that is from.

my favorite eddie murphy and john goodman movie ever

Pretjah - 

i agree "party system" sucks

representative system does not.

There are many problems with pure direct democracy -- such as short-sighted people voting themselves money from the treasury.

...A Neo-Athenian semi-direct-democracy whereby all people who are both landowners and military (or ex-military) can vote on legislation would probably be a very positive development, though. And with today's technology, I think that it's possible.

Pretjah -
WISEGUY66 - Vote none of the above. People around in the 80's will know what movie that is from.

my favorite eddie murphy and john goodman movie ever

? Eddie Murphy ? You mean Richard Pryor Phone Post 3.0