We’re a lot closer to novelty influencer fights in the ufc than you want to think

There’s no stars. After Conor’s meltdown his stock is lower than ever. The ufc is owned by a giant multi billion dollar corporation that cares only about their bottom line. The will get their money any way they can, the integrity of the sport be damned. Unfortunately, fights between famous people seem to get the general public way more excited than elite fighters.

Phil brooks was just the beginning.

5 Likes

Another miserable post by this sites most miserable poster.

6 Likes

I’m vaccinated too

2 Likes

I’d watch 2 political candidates fight.

Wouldn’t be an issue if the UFC actually had a decent promotional platform; they do not do a good job of promoting fighters and building stars.

You need drugs and or therapy in your life.

For real dude I been there get help.

3 Likes

MMA is entertainment to me, bring on the celebrity and freak show fights so long as there are still a good mix of legit fights. UFC 1 and Pride has Disney UFC beat badly in that respect.

1 Like

He aint wrong. Listen, Biggest fight of all times, is if Kim Kardashian takes an mma fight vs some other popular/sexy skank. 5 million buys.
Thems theres the facts, sadly.

2 Likes

There are no stars?

Conor is still in the game, you said his stock is lower than ever you are wrong.

Francis is a star and on a HUGE come up. That man has a rocket strapped to his back and is heading to the moon.

Adesanya is on the come up.

And thats just names I can think of off the top of my head. The UFC has no starts? you are shortsighted and ignorant.

And the idea that you think we are closer to novelty influencer fights in the UFC is dumb. Its dumb because we are already there. CM Punk, Brock Lesnar, Greg Hardy, Kimbo Slice, James Toney. Wake up my dude.

The UFC has been doing these so called novelty influencer fights for years. Hell the UFC was started as a novelty.

With the exception of CM Punk though, the UFC has picked “stars” who can actually fight. And even that is harsh because from what I hear, in the training room CM Punk can fuck some dudes up.

Ya post is basic, wrong, and not based on evidence.

1 Like

5? More like 30, easily.

Conor is all but done as a megastar. Izzy is an awkward dork who just lost a huge sponsorship because he said he wanted to rape a man. Francis knocks people out, but does not move the needle of the mainstream public. He’s just another big black athlete to them if we’re being completely honest.

Again, you have to remember who owns the UFC now. It’s not just some guys anymore. It’s a faceless corporate entity that needs cash.

3 Likes

Dude, bring some facts to the table.

You are just talking. Look at this like a scientific paper. You have to prove your points with numbers.

Conor McGregor has 39.6 million followers on Instagram. He has not fallen off.

Justin Bieber has 170m So lets say Conor is roughly 1/4 as famous and popular as Justin Bieber. That’s hugely popular. That is insane level famous man.

Izzy Adesanya has 4.6m followers

Canelo Alvarez has 8.4m followers

So Izzy is about 1/2 as popular as Canelo. That is famous. That is huge. Canelo is maybe the biggest guy in boxing right now? The number one guy and Izzy is 1/2 as popular. Canelo has been famous way longer than Izzy.

I mean honestly I could go on and on. Why don’t you bring some facts to the table.

3 Likes

Lol, like insta followers are an indication of anything. They can literally be bought.

3 Likes

I agree with this guy

No facts at all just ramblings of a lunatic

1 Like

Like every pundit

compelling

CM Punk debuted in the UFC 4 years ago. If that’s the case, they’re doing a terrible job finding new “novelty influencer fights”.

They’re just going to steal the celebrity boxing model after this next one crushes again. Influencers have reach that prior celebrities didn’t have access to outside of mega-stars like Jordan, Tyson, tiger woods, Tom cruise etc.

Now we have people of that level of fame and notoriety people will pay to see fight each other, most who aren’t normally fight fans.

I’m telling y’all. Triller was huge. They’re going to start pressuring Dana and ufc brass to tap into that money and hype.

1 Like