We wont see a HUGHES-BJ 3

After BJ left as the champ Dana has had a grudge.You could tell by how overjoyed he was when Hughes won.Take a look after the fight,Dana seemed happier than any of Hughes cornermen.Dana knows BJ has an EXCELLENT chance of beating Hughes but doesnt want to risk BJ leaving as champ.Other than GSP there isnt any other guy that stands a GOOD chance of beating Hughes.I bet there is a "contract dispute" and they never fight again.

That said, I think BJ should go down to 155 where he is next to unbeatable IMO.

Well, we never thought we'd see BJ back either and werent the circumstances of his 2 WW title shots rather generous regardless of how badass we know BJ is?

Think before you talk. BJ got a title shot coming off a fucking loss...

dana is a business man.. he was thrilled because his most popular fighter retained the belt! use your head before posting! it doesn't have to do with a grudge.. its all about money.

BJ left because japan offered him 150k a fight. If BJ got a cut of the ppv (seems to becoming standard for UFC main events) he's making a LOT more than 150k (assuming he isn't getting 150k or most of it guaranteed even).

Japan isn't the promised land for top money anymore, and what was considered ridiculous $$ demands in the US 2 years ago is easily doable now.

If BJ could work himself up to a 3rd match with Hughes, I think BJ still has an excellent chance of winning.

BJ was a huge underdog the first fight that he won and he was a 2-1 underdog in the last fight that he did very well in.

If a rematch were to happen, I would imagine the line for that fight would be much closer.

"Well, we never thought we'd see BJ back either and werent the circumstances of his 2 WW title shots rather generous regardless of how badass we know BJ is?
Think before you talk. BJ got a title shot coming off a fucking loss... "

IMO a BIG part of that was to give HUGHES a chance at redemption.Him beating BJ and avenging his loss makes him even more marketable as the best 170 guy in the world.I think Dana and Hughes will run with this win.IMO they are more interested in protecting Hughes legacy and keeping BJ from the title then to have a "tiebreaker".These political situations may seem far fetched to the feeble minded but watch and see if u see a Hughes/Penn 3 as quick as you saw a Belfort/Couture 3.When u are faithful to Dana then Dana will protect you.I cant think of a fighter in the UFC at 170 with as good of a chance as Penn to beat Hughes.GSP "could" do it, but IMO Penn has a better chance of beating him.Its a good close fight that would definatly sell tickets again but watch it not happen.

Chuck and Tito are way more popular than Hughes. The fact the pond wasnt sold out is proof of this. Matt is definately top 5 though.

"I think Dana and Hughes will run with this win."

Its possible that Dana might but when has Hughes ever refused an opponent? Hes taken on the best WWs in the world year after year.

Now if BJ puts some big wins back together and he still isnt given a shot as the clear #1 contender then maybe you will have a point but remember BJ got his first title shot without having fought at WW and this shot off a loss. How he performed is besides the point, my point being is that he has gotten some big opportunities when he wasnt necessarily the front runner for them too.

being #1 contender doesn't mean as much as how many tickets you can sell, jet li or the rock could probably get a title shot if they asked for one

Tony DeSouza's run at the title begins october 10th. other than maybe GSP, nobody can stop him, that and he and BJ won't fight....mark my words

Excellent post Spiderman: "I think Dana and Hughes will run with this win.IMO they are more interested in protecting Hughes legacy and keeping BJ from the title then to have a "tiebreaker"."
I could not agree more. Dana is thanking his lucky stars that BJ gassed out and will never take the chance of Hughes losing to BJ again. Dana really had no choice after GSP backed out. I think Dana over estimated Matt's abilities against BJ. I'm certain he will not make that mistake again.

It is either dana has a grudge OR he is ecstatic of the BJ/Hughes III and all of the millions he will make again, not to mention a new bentley. IMO

-BF

Its #1 just watch....

BTW im not saying Hughes is scared.Hughes has fought the toughest competition to date in the UFC.The thing im saying is that Dana doesnt want the fight.You will see....BTW I think Tony D is a great fighter but I dunno if his guard is good enough to defend Hughes GnP.Usually he is the better wrestler in his fights but against Hughes he will be on bottom.IMO GSP and Diaz have the best chance of beating Hughes outside of BJ.After them, maybe Karo could catch him in leg submission.

I think BJ is too much of a draw to ignore. And win or lose, people get very excited about his matchups with top notch opponents. The UG has never been in such a frenzy as before and after his fights with Hughes and GSP.

Good fucking God, this place never seems to amaze me.....

Yeah Penn is really unbeatable at light weight. He got beat by Jens at lightweight. Jens just got k.t.f.o. by a fuckin nobody. You Nut huggers amaze me. You guys cant come up with any rational thoughts. You are blinded by the nut hairs. Poor souls.

Im not saying this because "im on Penn's nuts".Im saying this because more because of politics.IMO Dana doesnt want to risk Penn getting the title and leaving again.Notice how Royce is getting a rematch to fight Hughes quickly.Or Tito and Ken.Both are big draws but pretty much unearned by Gracie and Shamrock.Now a Penn-Hughes would be just as big a draw and a not so lopsided fight but there wont be an instant rematch like the aforementioned fights.I predict that Pen gets the runaround for a while.

I will ttt this prediction in a year.

Goddamn this shit is still going on? Matt beat BJ, it's going down in history as such, get over it. Sometimes great fighters lose.

GunsABlazin is obviously drunk. What kind of rational are you using for who beats whom?

glock- I think you are missing my point completely.