Wealthiest BJJ'ers are?

I'd imagine the amount of people who learned BJJ in the 90's after Rpyce dominated was astronomical.

And I'd imagine that some BJJ'ers who were world class also had some business skills, so set about opening school after school.

With that said, who are the wealthiest BJJ'ers then?

Gracies Phone Post 3.0

Renzo, gracie academy, atos, aoj, marcelos are the gyms that generate the most moey I believe. Phone Post 3.0

I'd imagine the three BJJers that made the most money off BJJ are Rorion, Carlos Jr and Renzo. I'd imagine no one else is even close. Phone Post 3.0

Was thinking about this the other day. Not sure how much $$$ they generate, but when it comes to saving what they earn, it sounds like the Miyaos are kings. Can't remember where I saw it but I read somebody close to them say something like "They are highly skilled at living off of next to nothing."

The original black belts that went over and set up shop in Abu Dhabi deserve a mention.

Probably should add bravo too

...oh and shen and the submissions101 guy Phone Post 3.0

The Principal - That guy who started the ADCC. Phone Post 3.0
He was a billionaire that was interested in bjj. Phone Post 3.0

I'd imagine Serra and renzo have stacks of cash.

The Principal -
Mit -
The Principal - That guy who started the ADCC. Phone Post 3.0
He was a billionaire that was interested in bjj. Phone Post 3.0
Yes, so he is a wealthy BJJ-er? Considering he is a black belt, I figured he met the criteria. The OP didn't ask who made the most money from BJJ, just who is the wealthiest. Phone Post 3.0
I was thinking guys that got wealthy through bjj. Phone Post 3.0

I'd imagine Carlos jr is number one with the gracie barra affiliates. I dunno how profitable ibjjf is.

renzo has big schools with insane amounts of students as well as a bunch of affiliates. 

I wouldn't have thought about rorian but I'm sure he's a savvy guy I just can't pin point where he made a fortune. His kids ryron and rener are prolly climbing the latter to the top though.

eddie bravo is on his way up. Carlson jr maybe? 

Is creating an affiliate system around the world the best way to get rich in bjj? When I think of people that got rich with bjj, the guys that have affiliate systems are the ones that come to mind.

seems like one of the harder sports to get rich in which is odd considering the amount of gyms and the amount of people that do it worldwide. Just this week the on the mat stores went out of business which was a real bummer to me, I always thought they did well, it was sad to hear they weren't considering all the people that train that need gear. I guess the Internet fucked that up.

Wait? Otm have gone bust? Phone Post 3.0

Better question who is the wealthiest strictly from BJJ?
I know a Karate owner who offers BJJ and makes over $25000/yr at his school.

Funny, no one has mentioned the one BJJ guy who made a cottage industry of bragging about all the "stacks" he was making.

shen - 

Funny, no one has mentioned the one BJJ guy who made a cottage industry of bragging about all the "stacks" he was making.

Says the guy with no pool.......

walbjj - Wait? Otm have gone bust? Phone Post 3.0

Yes unfortunately, I just went to their close out sale, Monday was the last day.

and yes we forgot the mma millionaire that is Lloyd Irvin. He's the jay z of bjj

I think Renzo has to be #1 or close to it. His school grosses at least $250K/mo, plus he has like 30-40 affiliates worldwide.

I'd also guess that Lloyd Irvin vastly overstates his own wealth, and that he makes more money from his scammy seminars than he does from his schools.

OTM isn't gone they just aren't doing physical stores anymore. Phone Post 3.0

Renzo
Whorian
Carlos
ATT owner Phone Post 3.0

OTM is alive and well. Just migrated to 2016 with online only :) Phone Post 3.0