Wealthiest person you know?

How did they make their money?

How much are they worth?

What's their personality like? Jerk? Kind? So-so?

Uncle by marriage.

Real estate. 

Absolutely brilliant guy and a total gentleman. 

guy I used to know had his dad leave him 1.3 billion......

ya BILLION

Tech. Somewhere between $500 million and 1 billion depending on stock price etc.

Very charismatic guy who loves developing ideas and building companies. I strongly suspect he is bored with his current company and dying to ditch it and go back to small startups.

His main weakness is that he only really trusts & listens to his friends, this sounds ok but has led to a lot of nepotism at his companies. Also, the one exception is that he hires a LOT of forceful, good-looking blonde chicks to be around him.

Random dude I met mtn biking. Self made after building and selling a few company's. Went flat broke in the tech bubble burst but now worth a few million I'd imagine.

Completely awesome and positive human being, does tons of charity work, fit as hell for being 50 something, owns his own vineyard for fun .... Couldn't be a better dude to be filthy rich.

My business partner...8th Grade Education. Owns 2nd largest electrical Company in Southeast. Has 9 kids, two with current wife who was former Nanny and 2 others from exwife, the others from strippers. Paid the strippers off to obtain full custody. He's a cocky fck but good heart deep down, not many people see it.

One of best friend's wife's sister (follow that?) had a Lincoln Navigator with little TV screens in the headrests. That was back when that shit wasn't common.

Sorry to end the thread so quickly, btw.

ptper - One of best friend's wife's sister (follow that?) had a Lincoln Navigator with little TV screens in the headrests. That was back when that shit wasn't common.

The humblebraggest of humblebrags right here. I bet you are gonna tell us how you "only" got to watch them a few times.

Icy Mike -
ptper - One of best friend's wife's sister (follow that?) had a Lincoln Navigator with little TV screens in the headrests. That was back when that shit wasn't common.

The humblebraggest of humblebrags right here. I bet you are gonna tell us how you "only" got to watch them a few times.

lol

Generally 4 Big Ways of Becoming A Billionaire:

- Tech entrepreneur or join hype company early (i.e. google, facebook)

- Finance (hedge fund, vc, private equity, etc.)

- Real Estate development and ownership

- Entrepeneur in helping to create and establish a new market segment (e.g. spanx, 5 hour energy, etc.)

I know a that Forbes has listed as worth over 2 billion. It's pretty well known that he's worth at least double that. Inherited some, but turned that into way more than he inherited through investment banking.

Really nice guy. If you didn't know, you wouldn't think he was wealthy. Rich maybe, but not wealthy.

It's good to see successful people not demonized like they all are in the MSM, except athletes and entertainers. They get a free pass to flaunt their wealth and usually aren't good people like above. 

My parent's neighbor is worth around 100 million. He went to high school with my dad and started out life milking cows for people. Then started to learn about the lumber industry. Now he owns one of the largest veneer lumber companies in the US.

Uncle. Net is about 20 million. Created a clothing line for fat chicks in the 60's. Greatest salesman ever.

My Uncle (Dad's uncle) founded and sold a well known sports brand. My dad is also friendly acquaintances with a large network of extremely successful people from year's of playing squash.

I feel it's necessary to add that this has translated to zero benefit to me in my career, I somehow squandered my white privilege.

Knew a coal mining tycoon who also owned lumber yards in South America. Was from a tiny town in southern WV. When he died back in 2014, George W Bush came to his funeral in the small town. He was probably worth 50mil or so. Would've been worth a lot more had the mining industry not tanked.

My buddy Donald, worth billions from real estate, I am gonna hang out with him on Friday. He is having a party, in fact it will be a ball.

lionsoul -

Generally 4 Big Ways of Becoming A Billionaire:

- Tech entrepreneur or join hype company early (i.e. google, facebook)

- Finance (hedge fund, vc, private equity, etc.)

- Real Estate development and ownership

- Entrepeneur in helping to create and establish a new market segment (e.g. spanx, 5 hour energy, etc.)

*Cocaine

OG2006 -

It's good to see successful people not demonized like they all are in the MSM, except athletes and entertainers. They get a free pass to flaunt their wealth and usually aren't good people like above. 

Thats absolutely true