WEC 135lbs Rumors

Brian Bowles is 2-0 in WEC with finishes over Valencia and Galvao.

I shop in the "Portly" section right now, hopefully when I start back training I will be able to purchase off the "Husky" rack.

Bowles is a quality fighter and I expect great things out of him, but didn't see his name on the rumors page. Saw this rumor and got excited about the possibilities.

Torres is going to be tough to beat. I was a skeptic at first, but after these last 2 fights I'm a believer. I never thought he would do to Beebe what he did because of the Beebe/Yahya fight, but I was wrong.

Either way, would love to see Bedard and McCall go at it because it would put one of them back on the winning track and let them start the climb back up to the top.

I din't know they made "portly" supporters. I don't even want to know what that means...

ttt for brian and bedard

ttt for bedard. he will get back on track

bowles vs tapia needs to happen to see who the real contender is right now they are the only 35ers who are 2-0

I would like to see Maeda get the next shot and Tapia fight Bowles for the next one after that. I have a feeling we'll get the opposite, though, with Tapia getting the next shot.

Jeff is 1-1 in the WEC, the loss coming to the current champ right?

Time for him to get another shot at the win column.

ttt for bedard. he will get back on track
bowles vs tapia needs to happen to see who the real contender is right now they are the only 35ers who are 2-0"

indeed

I would love to see Bowles vs. Tapia as well. Slugfest. Nobody bangs at 135 like those two.

Bedard vs. McCall would be high octane and action packed.

Really can't do the fans wrong with either of these fights.

That would make for one awesome card!

Pennington walked in the ring at the admitted weight of approx 168...he had cut to 145.

Joey walks around at approx 135 but agreed to fight up...so it was really about 30-33 pounds he was giving up.

I'm sure Joey walks around at least 145ish. That was a really close fight.

WEC is bringing in Kenji Osawa, he could be a factor in the division as well.

Micah is spot on.

Nat McIntyre belongs in the WEC. They are missing out on an exciting, talented fighter.

i walk around at 141-143 usually till i eat some pizza or get on some vitamin "s"!

No doubt there are a lot of talented fighters that aren't in a major production, but it seems that they could make good use of the ones already there and give the fans what we want.

respect to the lil guys

so glad that WEC is putting these fights on TV, much more exciting than your avg HW matchup. The lower weights have crazy stamina and fight at a ridiculous pace.

I hope the WEC sticks with the VS and continues to put on great cards. maybe even more frequent

I stand corrected, Stranglehold -- I just had a hard time imagening JC that heavy...

"Jeff is 1-1 in the WEC, the loss coming to the current champ right? "

Actually Wizbang, if you include the Banuelos fight, Jeff is actually 2-1 in the WEC, with his only loss coming to the current champ. I know that was under the "old" ownership, but still, if I understand correctly it WAS a WEC event, and it WAS against another current WEC 135er.

Regardless, the more I think about a Bedard vs McCall fight, the more I want to see it. As previously stated, these guys deserve it, and we the fans want to see it. ZUFFA, MAKE IT HAPPEN!

ttt