WEC 43 vs. Shine 2

I've been taking a look at some upcoming cards, and I came upon a couple of interesting cards that are coming up next month.

WEC 43 is going to be Sept. 2 in Youngstown, OH, and Shine Fights 2 is going to be Sept. 4 in Miami. We all know that the WEC consistently puts on great cards, but I think that Shine is their new counterpart when it comes to great fights on great cards. Here is a look at the two cards, let me know which you think is better.

WEC 43: Cerrone vs. Henderson

Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone vs. Ben Henderson (interim LW title fight)
Dave Jansen vs. Rich Crunkilton
Damacio Page vs. Akitoshi Tamura
Alex Karalexis vs. Anthony Pettis

Raphael Assuncao vs. Yves Jabouin
Scott Jorgensen vs. Rafael Rebello
Wagnney Fabiano vs. Erik Koch
Manny Tapia vs. Eddie Wineland
Muhsin Corbbrey vs. Anthony Njokuani
Charlie Valencia vs. Coty Wheeler
Mark Hominick vs. Deividas Taurosevicius

Shine 2: American Top Team vs. The World

Jorge "Macaco" Patino vs. Roan "Jucao" Carneiro
Luiz "Buscape" Firmino vs. Ryan Healy
Flavio Alvaro vs. Jean "White Bear" Silva
Yves Edwards vs. Mario Stapel
Junior Assuncao vs. Gideon Ray

Micah Miller vs. Anthony Morrison
Ediene Gomes vs. Vanessa Porto
James Brasco vs. Herbert Goodman
Phil Friedman vs. Brian Fuery
Kami Barzini vs. Yosdenis Cedeno

As far as mid-tier shows go, Shine is really making a name for themselves. It's really impressive that they are putting on solid cards like this in only their second event.

I don't really understand Junior vs. Gideon Ray....but you are correct. Both cards are great and Shine seems to be doing a great job as long as they can hold on financially.

Gideon Ray is dropping to 155 and needs a stiff test. This fight will show us where he stands in the lightweight division because Junior is a very tough fighter who could easily beat Gideon.

Shine just signed on with The Fight Network and promises that even more TV deals are on the way from around the world. They are just looking for one big sponsorship to put them over the top. A big money deal could get them some REALLY GOOD talent. This event will be streamed at shinefights.com for $9.95 ($14.95 day of the fight).

ttt for more discussion. This Shine card is sick and WEC is average! This is the place where hardcore fans live....let's get some discussion going on this card.

ttt

Nice to hear they are going to be on The Fight Network... hopefully that will mean live telecasts ASAP. Shine Fights is making the right moves so far, and having more televised MMA is always a good thing; it means more fight cards with more prominent chances for high level fights to happen. But I'm not really a fan of the "ATT vs. The World" theme. It makes me question the quality of the matchmaking if the whole idea is for one particular camp to represent vs. all comers... kind of like UWC being so Lloyd Irvin-centric. It gives the appearance that Shine Fights is just a springboard to bigger opportunities for ATT products. That being said, the top five fights are pretty good for just the second card

Both great, I'll be watching both.  Thanks WEC and Shine

ATT is the deepest camp in the world by far and frankly I'm surprised that some other organization hasn't thought of this concept before. The card is littered with both name ATT fighters and exciting ATT prospects like Barzini. It's in Miami, so what better theme for a card?

ohiostate1016 - ATT is the deepest camp in the world by far and frankly I'm surprised that some other organization hasn't thought of this concept before. The card is littered with both name ATT fighters and exciting ATT prospects like Barzini. It's in Miami, so what better theme for a card?

Tree Oh Five?

I still say that it's better than "Declaration" and "Redemption" (both times).

What I like about the Shine Card is that it has some very good fighters that aren't in the UFC or Pride anymore but still can put on a show.  I still want to watch them fight and I'm glad someone is out there getting them purses.  I'll buy any shows that puts together cards like this.

Exactly. All of these guys are gamers and there is a great story line to each fight. Great veteran fighters (Macaco, Jucao, Silva, Yves, Buscape, Assuncao, Ray) who can put on a show + unknown/up-and-coming fighters (Fuery, Alvaro, Friedman, Barzini, Cedeno, Porto, Gomes) = a great card and a great organization.

ttt

wec card is stacked i think. a real good 8 -9 fights on that card.

shine is nice card as well... att has so much talent, this is a great idea for them to put shows on like this.

WEC has interesting fighters...SHINE has interesting fights.

A few of the fights on WEC are one-sided and not many of them have immediate title implications. If you want to see good fights, then check out Shine.

ttt

ttt

ttt

ttt for both events

ttt