WEC Alex Stiebling vs. Joe Riggs

Alex is longer reached. Joe is stubby armed.

I think Alex has regained his confidence with 2 good wins after the 4 straight hard luck losses in 2002 and 2003. IMO Joe needs to set an even pace for himself, and not pounce too early on (even though Marvin Eastman caught Alex early for the big KO in 2002). However, if Alex can lure Riggs into a fast paced fight early then you can bet he will be banking on Joe gassing late so he can take advantage of the situation. I am mixed on who I want to win, but either way ... Good match up!

I hope you do make it down to the show NikoM, so you can see for yourself just how uncomfortable Joe Riggs plans to make this fight for Alex Stiebling. There will be nothing "comfortable" about this fight, of that I am certain.

No knock on Stiebling, who has proven himself to be one of the best fighters in the sport. But ask anyone who has trained with him, fought him or seen him fight, the Diesel is the real deal. This is the biggest fight of his career, and win or lose he's going to leave his mark on the 16th.

And uscottnathan, considering the boxing skills of Riggs, I don't think his stubby arms will be much of a hindrance. I know I'm personally involved here, but I can't help but think it's going to be a great fight no matter what.

ttt

alex is a fuckin pimp.

I heard that Stiebling has been training with Horn, so you know that he's going to be prepared. You also know that in all likelihood a great fighter just got that much better.

Riggs is only 21 years old and he won't be expected to beat Alex Stiebling by the vast majority of the MMA community, but his abilities make him a dangerous wild card in what should be a great main event fight.

Just a small sidenote: Riggs was looking for a fight at 185 in this show and he was originally slated to face Eugene Jackson. When the Jackson fight failed to materialize, Stiebling was offered at 205 and Team Diesel accepted.

Now Stiebling is expected to come in at 215 to the Diesel's 200 even, but Riggs has fought bigger men his whole career so that's not that much of an issue. What is the issue is that I don't think he's ever been in the cage/ring with a better fighter before, and this is a guy who's been in there with Cabbage, Rodney Faverus, Greg Wikan, Travis Fulton, Homer Moore, etc. Like I said, it should be one hell of a fight and a real test for both athletes.

Anybody who beats Allan Goes and Wallid Ismail back-to-back in Pride, calls himself the "Brazilian-killa" and goofs around on PPV about having the hots for a school teacher HAS to be a pimp!

Riggs no matter how much lighter will be stronger than Steibling.

id love to see alex in the ufc if he is not fighting for pride.he would fuckin rock....did i mention he is a fuckin pimp.

Riggs will win if he can get Steibling off of his feet. Bank on it

hhhmmmmmm?

Glad to see Harris Sarmiento added to the card. He was exciting and dominant at the last King of the Cage.

TTT for Alex, he will be ready to fight and this sounds real familiar to the talk I heard before he fought Rogers. Alex has his confidence back and is enjoying fighting again. Damn I wish I could be there

Cube, what's up. Haven't heard a word from you since McAllen, email or call me badbreedtv@hotmail.com or 559-970-8007.

What's up John, good to hear from you. I'm going to be posting a Bad Breed review, Vol's 1-5, here on the UG later this week. And let me preface it by saying that all of the videos are awesome! Keep up the great work.

I know we discussed it in Texas, but is there any chance that you'll be able to put together a full-length feature on Riggs focusing on this fight for an upcoming Bad Breed DVD?

I have tape of Riggs beating Greg Wikan at my Evolution show, you have the tape of him manhandling Alcala in the IFC and you might even have footage of him whipping Herb Dean from the Ultimate Athlete filming at the Celebrity, but I'm not sure. A profile centered around the Stiebling fight would probably make for some good viewing.

I'll give you a call later today, tomorrow at the latest to touch base.

Gigantor is correct, a lot of people will get run over by the Diesel this year. We'll find out soon enough, however, whether he's ready to run over someone the caliber of Stiebling. I think he is, but that's why they fight the fight.

Good to see this matchup is getting its deserved respect here on this thread, the WEC fans will definitely be getting their money's worth on this one.

Keep an ear out for JOE RIGGS the kid is Very Tough,
he has pro boxing hands and he is a very skilled wrestler, with BJJ submissions, Dont under estimate RIGGS! TTT for this Main event!!

Shannon "The Cannon"

this is a huge card for riggs to win on.

Fuck it, Riggs will win. The sports book is open. At 2/1 I will take money on it. Alex being the favorite of course.

Don`t be surprised if Randy Couture shows up.