WEC merger nothing to uncork bubbly over

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I'm sure the Zuffa shills voted it down and said thread was deleted.

A few random thoughts on the merger....

The Merger will eventually cause massive firing. Fighters that were on the WEC roster that Zuffa deems "not worthy" will lose their jobs & the UFC gate keepers will be fired or regulated to a Spike TV prelim to make way for the WEC poster boy fighters who will fill their precious slot on the upcoming cards.

The guys we've never heard of, The "Filler Point Pro's" that populate every UFC, will either be put on the back-burner, fired or both. This could be a good thing :-)

Fighters with the bottom of the totem pole meager salaries will become stagnant financially, while a handful of poster boys glean at least 85% of the allotted fight card budget. Zuffa has been doing this lopsided pay-scale over the years with Liddell, Ortiz, Couture, Brock, now they will have to shell out bucks for Fabor, Aldo, etc. ANY fighter on the undercard will get the left over chickenfeed.

A few transplants from the WEC production crew, core producers, announcers, promoters, ring-card girls, etc. Will be kept around to do meaningless activity's ( so they can't start another fight org ) and they all will eventually get the axe.

Since the masses are not familiar with most WEC fighters, look forward to meaningless re-matches of fights that were exciting in the WEC ala The Korean Zombie vs Garcia 2,3 & 4 and Cowboy vs Bendo 3, 4 & 5.

On a side note, I remember Dana wanted to get Gina to sign to the WEC when she was free. If they had signed her, she would be now be contracted to Zuffa , who never had any use for her to begin with.

since i am just interested in watching high level fights why should i give a fuck about all that..the less lower level fighters the better

yea sounds like good reason to pop bubbly.

Mark Pavelich troll account

Cons:
The number of free cards on VS will drop from 9 to 5.

Less total fighters employed

Less room for middle of the road vets

Pros:
More pay/exposure for some of the little guys.

Higher quality UFC cards with exciting fights

Some UFC guys like Tyson can go to their natural weight classes.

More 'name' fighters for other promotions

It's definitely good and bad. From a fan perspective we will not get those incredible WEC cards, but UFC cards will definitely be better for having those fights mixed into the line up.

If it means better quality fights, then that's fine with me. We don't have Versus or Spike here in the UK, only UFC PPV, so doesn't matter, really. Phone Post

natrual progression of the org. there are plenty of lower tier orgs for the lower fighters to move to, and if not, maybe it just wasn't the right thing for them. But let me say this, making more title bouts, and top 5 matches sure as fuck justifies the ppv more. as long as prices don't increase, it makes me very happy. it's been hit or miss for ppv value recently, and i'm looking forwad to this. big time. 

but this thread, as incredulous as this sounds, appears to be you saying they should keep the WEC around so the low talent fighters, and meaningless people should have jobs. WTF?

The Swagologist - I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I'm sure the Zuffa shills voted it down and said thread was deleted.

Yeah, the Zuffa shills are the reason nobody cares about your stupid thread.

A few random thoughts on the merger....

The Merger will eventually cause massive firing.

SOME firing, and SOME really nice hires by Strikeforce and Bellator as a result. This must be an exciting time for those companies knowing there are going to be some really good young fighters who have already been promoted by Zuffa available on the market. There will be fighters out there that those companies can build around.

Fighters that were on the WEC roster that Zuffa deems "not worthy" will lose their jobs

You mean "lose" you fucking moron...

& the UFC gate keepers will be fired or regulated to a Spike TV prelim to make way for the WEC poster boy fighters who will fill their precious slot on the upcoming cards.

Fans bitch about every single PPV card saying there aren't enough name fighters on it to justify the price. These fans now will have less to bitch about. And every fighter m/l starts out on the prelims. Win and move up. Simple.

The guys we've never heard of, The "Filler Point Pro's" that populate every UFC, will either be put on the back-burner, fired or both. This could be a good thing :-)

Every card has fighters you've never heard of in all likelihood. This will not change, and for good reason. There was a point when no one knew who Jose Aldo was.

Fighters with the bottom of the totem pole meager salaries will become stagnant financially,

What the fuck are you talking about? They choose their own careers. They're not forced into them. If they don't want to work their way up then they don't have to. And no matter what their salaries are, the WEC salaries are going to go UP - not down - and the other guys if nothing else have shots at FOTN, SOTN, KOOTN bonuses which are pretty lucrative.

while a handful of poster boys glean at least 85% of the allotted fight card budget. Zuffa has been doing this lopsided pay-scale over the years with Liddell, Ortiz, Couture, Brock, now they will have to shell out bucks for Fabor, Aldo, etc. ANY fighter on the undercard will get the left over chickenfeed.

Do you mean to say that fighters who draw the fans shouldn't get the majority of the purse? Or do you mean to say that the fighters who don't draw should get paid like they do? STFU and stop worrying about this crap. You don't even know what you're talking about. Zuffa isn't going to take some dude who is making $10K/$10K and chop his contract in half. And the big name fighters you're talking about are doing most of their business in sponsorships and PPV bonuses, which doesn't effect the little guy in ANY negative way. The Brock Lesnars of the world just make it more likely that someone buys a PPV to see Brock and ends up going home thinking about what a badass Phil Davis is. Getting on a card with someone like GSP or Brock is huge for guys not making a lot of money.

A few transplants from the WEC production crew, core producers, announcers, promoters, ring-card girls, etc. Will be kept around to do meaningless activity's ( so they can't start another fight org ) and they all will eventually get the axe.

LMMFAO yeah the UFC is keeping Brittney Palmer so she doesn't go start up another Strikeforce. Ever think that maybe guys like Reed Harris and Sean Shelby are actually USEFUL and worth keeping around because they'll help the Zuffa put out a better product?

Since the masses are not familiar with most WEC fighters, look forward to meaningless re-matches of fights that were exciting in the WEC ala The Korean Zombie vs Garcia 2,3 & 4 and Cowboy vs Bendo 3, 4 & 5.

You're not familiar with shit either. The depth of the UFC roster makes it even less likely we see rematches like that.

On a side note, I remember Dana wanted to get Gina to sign to the WEC when she was free. If they had signed her, she would be now be contracted to Zuffa , who never had any use for her to begin with.

WTF are you talking about now?