Weed:3x Higher Hypertension Risk

ShanTheMan - I hope all you potheads' blood pressure gets so high that you get high pressure aids from sharing pot needles.
Lol

Poop Doodle -

Everything is to blame except for sugars!

Lol, yeah, no way its the pound of sugar people eat every day. Must be that weekly joint that is giving them hypertension.

And in another study a few weeks ago it was determined that high amounts of salt DO NOT increase your blood pressure! 

Personally I don't find smoking anything whether it's weed, cigarettes or banana peels healthy which is why I use Vapes or edibles almost exclusively

Here's the conclusion of a study on cannabis and cardiovascular function...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2228270/

"6 Conclusions

Functional CB1 receptors are present in vascular tissue as well as the myocardium, and cannabinoid agonists and endocannabinoids exert major hypotensive and cardiodepressor effects in vivo through the stimulation of CB1receptors. There is evidence for the existence of an as-yet-undefined endothelial and cardiac receptor or receptors that mediate certain endocannabinoid-induced cardiovascular effects. Vanilloid TRPV1 receptors can be activated by anandamide, but the role of these receptor in in vivo hemodynamic effects appears to be limited to the transient activation of the Bezold-Jarisch reflex by very high initial plasma concentrations of anandamide.

Endocannabinoids play important roles in a variety of pathophysiological conditions including hemorrhagic, endotoxic, and cardiogenic shock, and in the hemodynamic sequelae of advanced liver cirrhosis. Furthermore, pharmacological manipulation of the endocannabinoid system may offer novel therapeutic approaches in hypertension and ischemic heart disease."

mostofyou -
Captain CargoShorts -
mostofyou -
RedbansViennaSausage -

Yeah that study definitely needs to be replicated since it appears to just be followups based on survey results. Also it doesn't even address that people with hypertension may be more likely to use cannabis in the first place.

Or people who do drugs make other bad lifestyle choices

sbocking 

Cannabis isn't a drug, you retarded faggot, it's a plant. 

So coke isn't a drug either?

Coke isn't a plant, you stupid dummy, it's a carbonated beverage. 

Just got my blood work back and I'm healthy as fuck so I'm not buying 

opieandjimmy -
ShanTheMan -
opieandjimmy - I smoke and and take edibles since I was a teenager, blood pressure is fine.

I almost have had to go to the hospital once for taking way way way to much on edibles lol. I've done a bunch of lsd and mushrooms and nothing has ever been that scary.
What could they do? Maybe flush your system or some shit?
What do you mean?
Sorry, I asked that retardedly. What could the hospital staff due to alleviate the OD'ing of the pot?

"It is important to establish whether any health benefits outweigh the potential health, social and economic risks. If marijuana use is implicated in cardiovascular diseases and deaths, then it rests on the health community and policy makers to protect the public."

Unless it's tobacco or booze! Then fuck the public! Am I right?!?!?!?! As long as we can tax it and control it We don't give any fucks how dangerous it is! - American Government

EddiePain420 -

it is true that your blood pressure rises while you smoke weed, its the smoking part that does it, vaping is 95% safer than smoking.

i didnt know it until i got one of those electronic blood pressure monitors and played with it while high and not high.

i have an entire family with high blood pressure, im the only one that smokes weed and im the only one with normal blood pressure.

i eat raw garlic all the time and drink acv and exercise and dont take in too much sodium. but when im high and check my bp its a bit higher.

It's anecdotal but the same thing happens to my bp which is why I stopped smoking and started vaping

So I'm guessing no one looked into these researchers who put together that study?

"Dr. Strasser has collaborated on externally-funded projects related to prescription drug abuse, youth alcohol use and prevention, tobacco control, and marijuana research totally over $7 million in awards ranging from the National Institute of Aging, National Institute of Minority Health and Health Disparities, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, as well as the RAND Foundation among others."

Sounds legit

Cayenne pepper will sort that out. Keep blazing.

Link to the study?

TheHaunted2 - Cayenne pepper will sort that out. Keep blazing.
You smoke cayenne pepper?

That's some heavy shit bro

opieandjimmy -
ShanTheMan -
opieandjimmy -
ShanTheMan -
opieandjimmy - I smoke and and take edibles since I was a teenager, blood pressure is fine.

I almost have had to go to the hospital once for taking way way way to much on edibles lol. I've done a bunch of lsd and mushrooms and nothing has ever been that scary.
What do you mean?
Sorry, I asked that retardedly. What could the hospital staff due to alleviate the OD'ing of the pot?
I don't think there is anything besides maybe Xanax or some benzos, which I don't think they would give out anyway.

I know for hallucinogens they thorazine your ass so you can't move so your stuck tripping and you can't move, I'm sure that's a mentally healthy experience lol.
Tripping on thorazine sounds like a nightmare of nightmares

MarsMan -

You can support Trump, Hillary, Stalin, SJWs.

But the surest way to get the most hate here is to talk shit about pot :)

He said pot. What a fucking nerd

What a crock of shit 

Doesn't weed thin out your blood anyway?

opieandjimmy - 
ShanTheMan -
opieandjimmy -
ShanTheMan -

What do you mean?
I don't think there is anything besides maybe Xanax or some benzos, which I don't think they would give out anyway.

I know for hallucinogens they thorazine your ass so you can't move so your stuck tripping and you can't move, I'm sure that's a mentally healthy experience lol.

Ive never tried it but Ive been told that if youre having a bad trip from edibles that CBD products can help.

send that article to joe rogan

he will do 4 hours on it

mostofyou -

I hate everyone in this thread 

Calm down and smoke a joint Francis