Weed making me paranoid

FRAT

So, I'm 23. Started smoking weed regularly at about 18 after I graduated, and moved out of my parents. I've always heard of people being paranoid after smoking weed and I thought they were nuts. But now, fuck it seems I'm paranoid about everything. My job, when my phone rings, someone knocks on the door etc. I don't know, maybe as I'm getting older, I'm starting to realize that I have other priorities in my life. I have an awesome (although stressful as fuck) job that pays six figures, live with my gf who I plan on starting a family with.

Thinking it's time to hang up the bong. Phone Post

I used to smoke all the time when I was around the ages you just described.

Then it got to the point, where I would sit there and dwell on a time that I may have been slightly mean to some kid in the 3rd grade.

I had to stop smoking due to the paranoia and crazy racing thoughts.  I still smoke every once in a while, but it is very rare.

Once, maybe twice a year.

I had to stop due to massive panic attacks. Would smoke like a chimney when I was in my teens/early twenties, but I freaked out on the freeway one day while stoned outta my mind, and would occasionally get panic attacks here and there until it happened EVERY time. I had to stop. Even years later, I developed a weird anxiety disorder on the freeway... I still struggle with it from time to time. Weed fucked me up lol.

Hocky Balboa -

I used to smoke all the time when I was around the ages you just described.

Then it got to the point, where I would sit there and dwell on a time that I may have been slightly mean to some kid in the 3rd grade.

I had to stop smoking due to the paranoia and crazy racing thoughts.  I still smoke every once in a while, but it is very rare.

Once, maybe twice a year.

Yes this sounds exactly what is happening to me. I remember when I first started, it was exciting to go get high. Now it just seems like burden honestly. It really doesn't even do anything other than eating all the food in my cupboards and thinking bad things are gonna happen. Phone Post

The one thing about weed that makes it so fantastic is that it gives you pure unbiased review of all things about you that bug you. Now when your a care free person with no responsibilities you look at things as beautiful. if you are going through stressful times and starting to realize that their are pressures in this world, the kind plant will not hesitate to throw that in your face. that's the beauty of weed.

Oh, and I get really irritable fast when I'm sober, and before I started smoking weed, I was always in a good mood and shit really didn't bother me as much as it does now. Then again maybe I'm just getting older and that's what happens. Phone Post

Frog-Jitsu - I had to stop due to massive panic attacks. Would smoke like a chimney when I was in my teens/early twenties, but I freaked out on the freeway one day while stoned outta my mind, and would occasionally get panic attacks here and there until it happened EVERY time. I had to stop. Even years later, I developed a weird anxiety disorder on the freeway... I still struggle with it from time to time. Weed fucked me up lol.

It happens to a lot of people.

You should be paranoid if your stoned out of your mind on the freeway. Fuck that.

Never really had paranoia. I always use vape though. Wonder if there is some connection. Phone Post 3.0

Ashilles - You should be paranoid if your stoned out of your mind on the freeway. Fuck that.

Never really had paranoia. I always use vape though. Wonder if there is some connection. Phone Post 3.0
I've been using a vape for awhile now, no difference. I guess it all depends on the person Phone Post

This has happened to a couple friends of mine. Were big tokers at one point in their lives then weed started to make them paranoid and would get very bad panic attacks. I think sometimes that the mental state of the person is what may trigger the sudden change in their reactions to the plant. Both my friends that this happened to where in good points of their lives and didn't  "need" weed recreationally anymore as they are happy with their lives. But at the same time if you smoke a lot of sativas (if you know the stain you are smoking) then that as well may b the cause, as sativa's make your thoughts race like crazy. Also, as weed gets more potent with all the med states and now fully legal states the potency has risin a lot on cannabis. So it may be possible you aquired some hire quality cannabis (more potent) that is triggering your panic attacks. That happens with me where certain strains make my thoughts go crazy and I've gotten some bad panic attacks after getting high. I recommend trying to back off weed for a little bit, or how ever long you feel you should take a break. Another option if you have this avalabilty to accesing indicas i recomend smoking only those.

You're honey moon period is over. I would wage good money that I used to smoke more than any other OGer. Particularly a 6 month period where my job was to sit in a house and among other things, smoke blunts all day. (when one was done another was getting rolled)

<Loved every moment of it. Never got paranoid. Then all of a sudden after about 5 years of smoking enjoyably i started getting paranoid. Even around closest.friends i would be paranoid that I would be acting wierd and think they all thought so. Which they didn't , just that I was more quiet.

i was a extrovert and especially back then the "life of the party" cracking jokes etc, but smoking would be like turning the mute Button on me. I stopped smoking before social events, then i stopped smoking with other people and while smoking by myself was better I would still get paranoid. I eventually stopped.

Now I might smoke on very rare occasions, few and far between and almost always on my own.
It happens man, I was a huge pot head but when the paranoia gets you and it gets you. I wish i could enjoy all the benefits without the head fuck, but it just doesn't happen.

Maybe when I'm truly truly happy again in life, I'll try a serious session and see what the results are.

Can you tell I'm high, not going back and fixing all those grammar mistakes I made lol

:

Same shit happened to me once I hit 19-20. Had to quit for a long time and now I toke every now and then. Phone Post 3.0

sned me all yerdope if yerquittin

WeidmansPHD_in_G0atslaying_fr0m_h0fstra_U - 

sned me all yerdope if yerquittin

Give us yer inf0.

I've smoked all day everyday for the better part of 3 years. I used to be "a nice guy." I think I'm mentally addicted to weed, because when I don't smoke I'm super irritable and paranoid.
I used to be addicted to the internet before weed, (and video games before that) and I would experience the same symptoms when I didn't go on line fore more than 6hrs. Some days I would get back from school around 1-2pm and play Runescape till well after midnight.<br />I think I just gotta find a new addiction.

Thunderbolt23 - I've smoked all day everyday for the better part of 3 years. I used to be "a nice guy." I think I'm mentally addicted to weed, because when I don't smoke I'm super irritable and paranoid.
I used to be addicted to the internet before weed, (and video games before that) and I would experience the same symptoms when I didn't go on line fore more than 6hrs. Some days I would get back from school around 1-2pm and play Runescape till well after midnight.<br />I think I just gotta find a new addiction.

I agree on the mental addiction and irritability as I am the same way without weed. I haven't ben smoking as much as i have had in the past (still daily though) but when Im not high Im a guy that gets mad fast or frustrated or just take it out on people for no reason. Been a couple times I've been without for more then 3 days and after those days I feel normal again. But then I smoke again so it starts the cycle all over lol. Don't get paranoid anymore on weed lol

I have not toked since Tuesday afternoon. Planning on giving myself a month long break and see what happens Phone Post