Weeds have taken over my lawn..... What do?

TFK_shampoohorn - Round up your entire lawn.
I have considered it. Couldn't make it much worse.

MooseKnuckleMasher -

DoMyOwnPestControl . Com bro. You can get the same stuff that the licensed pros use, without a license. Better yet, no tax and free shipping. 

I fuck bugs and weeds up around my yard. Fuck that weak Home Depot shit. 

Thanks for the site. I'll check it out.

Kubla khan -

6-8 oz in a two gallon hand sprayer.  Clover will take a few applications once a week.  It will smoke everything else.  It's the same active ingredient in Scott's weed and feed but it works much better in a sprayer.

I'll look into this too.. Thanks.

jrj - Cancer in a bottle

This is what gets me anymore. The sprays/spreads work and the yard fucking awesome looking but I feel like I'm just coating my entire property (and myself) in pure poison.

Now that I have kids I don't even like spot-spraying the stuff.

MooseKnuckleMasher -

DoMyOwnPestControl . Com bro. You can get the same stuff that the licensed pros use, without a license. Better yet, no tax and free shipping. 

I fuck bugs and weeds up around my yard. Fuck that weak Home Depot shit. 

Do they ship to Canada?

See if you have a county extension service with lawn care advice and a calendar. You may have to spend a couple of years doing something like...fertilizing, reseeding, post-emergent weed control throughout the year, then pre-emergent weed control the next year.

I have the same problem op but im just finishing up a deck and now putting a new flower bed and walkway in the front. I need to address weeds at some point though. Might be next year. Ive thought about killing it all and planting new sod.

Weed n feed. Do it in the beginning of spring right after the first mow. Works for me at least.

Later

The best defense against weeds is to have thick grass and to mow often. Typical lawn grasses like to be cut to around 3 to 3 1/2 inches but it varies. Don't cut shorter then the recommended hight and don't cut more then a third off. During the times of heavy growth you may need to mow every other day.

Kill the weeds this year. Next year rake in compost and over seed, but don't use a pre emergiant herbaside, it will keep the new grass from germinating.

snakepitz -

Did exactly this to my boss's rental. He got a notice about a noxious weed that he needed to eliminate. So we sprayed RoundUp, dug up everything, plastic, wood chips, brick, lava rock. It actually turned out kinda bad ass.

Mayfield - The best defense against weeds is to have thick grass and to mow often. Typical lawn grasses like to be cut to around 3 to 3 1/2 inches but it varies. Don't cut shorter then the recommended hight and don't cut more then a third off. During the times of heavy growth you may need to mow every other day.

Kill the weeds this year. Next year rake in compost and over seed, but don't use a pre emergiant herbaside, it will keep the new grass from germinating.
This guy knows. Check out lawn care nut on YouTube. He's awesome and he has a ton of videos. Check out his lawn renovation videos he does at some church. Step by step in three or four videos of what he does throughout the season, what to apply, how much, etc. Great stuff. Also, he highly recommends Milorganite. It's about $12 a bag at Home Depot and has iron in it which will really green up your yard. It's also considered more of a natural fertilizer (look up how it's made lol).

When it comes to dandelions I go old school with a screw driver and some sweat equity. I can't speak to the other types of weeds but I have been told as has been mentioned is try to build up your grass and that should choke out most weeds.

ptper -
jrj - Cancer in a bottle

This is what gets me anymore. The sprays/spreads work and the yard fucking awesome looking but I feel like I'm just coating my entire property (and myself) in pure poison.

What's it like been a huge pussy that scared of everything.  I can't imagine.

kyle223 -
Mayfield - The best defense against weeds is to have thick grass and to mow often. Typical lawn grasses like to be cut to around 3 to 3 1/2 inches but it varies. Don't cut shorter then the recommended hight and don't cut more then a third off. During the times of heavy growth you may need to mow every other day.

This guy knows. Check out lawn care nut on YouTube. He's awesome and he has a ton of videos. Check out his lawn renovation videos he does at some church. Step by step in three or four videos of what he does throughout the season, what to apply, how much, etc. Great stuff. Also, he highly recommends Milorganite. It's about $12 a bag at Home Depot and has iron in it which will really green up your yard. It's also considered more of a natural fertilizer (look up how it's made lol).
I use the milorganite in my back yard since I have dogs and a kid, I don't like to use chemicals to treat the back yard. It's good stuff.

Kubla khan - 
ptper -
jrj - Cancer in a bottle

What's it like been a huge pussy that scared of everything.  I can't imagine.

You wouldn't know pussy if you had 5 pussies right in front of you and one of the pussies walked right up and said "hey I'm pussy" and you'd still be like "I've never seen pussy before" where's my same sex partner so I can engage in sodomy.

Mayfield -
kyle223 -

I use the milorganite in my back yard since I have dogs and a kid, I don't like to use chemicals to treat the back yard. It's good stuff.
Same here lol. We have two dogs and a baby on the way. Milorganite is awesome.

I'm in the same boat as OP