Weekend Fight Watch: Terry Etim vs. Edson Barboza

Trying out a new article over at www.yourmma.tv and starting with Etim vs. Barboza at this weekend's UFC 142 event:

www.yourmma.tv/news/details.asp/id/1835/terry-etim-edson-barboza-weekend-fight-watch-breakdown.htm

All the stats, quotes, predictions and breakdowns for the fight on Saturday.

We've also got an interview with Terry too. Check that one out.

“He [Barboza] is good, a very tough opponent. He’s 9-0 in his career and he’s stopped seven of those. I can't take that away from him, he’s looked sharp but I definitely plan on putting that unbeaten record to a stop. I’ll be too much for him. I’m the one with the experience, this is my 10th UFC fight.”

“I saw his fight with Ross Pearson, it was very good. It could’ve gone either way. I think Pearson was unlucky; it was a very close fight. He’s a very good opponent [Barboza], but I noticed a few weaknesses that I plan on exploiting Saturday night."

Etim: "I'll be too much for Barboza"

It's gonna be fight of the night!

Should be a great fight, but defo a step up in competition from Falaloto.

Fan of both fighters and has all the ingredients of a stand up war! Phone Post

WAR ETIM! Phone Post

this is a great fight

Great fight...however; I honestly don't think that Etim has anything for Junior on the feet and Junior's TDD is good enough to keep Etim from taking him down...Etim is a bit taller but if Junior can stay on the outside of him and utilize his leg kicks (as an aside, Junior's leg kicks are insane to begin with but this camp they spent a little extra time on his legs....) it'll be a long night for Etim...just my 2 cents.

Barboza is arguably the best and most dynamic striker in the division, landing that spinning hook kick to njokuani says a lot. I give a massive creative submission game and all roundedness to Etim, but if this fight stays standing - which i think it probably will - then I think Etim is really gunna struggle, he's been dropped by lesser strikers before. He has good composure but this is a different beast Phone Post

I think some people are really underestimating Terry's striking here. Saying "he doesn't have anything" for Barboza standing is just not true. That's what's so exciting.

I dont think Etim has nothing, I just think we are talking about two different level of strikers here Phone Post

Brabo Ben - I dont think Etim has nothing, I just think we are talking about two different level of strikers here

That was said about Pearson.

Brabo Ben - Barboza is arguably the best and most dynamic striker in the division, landing that spinning hook kick to njokuani says a lot. I give a massive creative submission game and all roundedness to Etim, but if this fight stays standing - which i think it probably will - then I think Etim is really gunna struggle, he's been dropped by lesser strikers before. He has good composure but this is a different beast Phone Post

He had huge trouble with pearson, who is tiny, i have met both pearson and etim and size wise there isnt a comparison. Etim is going to be a totally different test.

double

3rdLion - 
Brabo Ben - I dont think Etim has nothing, I just think we are talking about two different level of strikers here

That was said about Pearson.

just gotta wait and see. thats why we watch the fights!

Njoku and Pearson both beat EBJ , in stand up fights , in my opinion .

close fights though .

who is favourite with the bookies ? Phone Post

TTT barboza is one of my favorite fighters to watch. Beautiful Muay Thai, should be a great fight

Terry terry terry terryTerry terry terry terryTerry terry terry terryTerry terry terry terry Phone Post

What a fight this going to be btw .

my little penis is throbbing . Phone Post

Fight! UK Online - I think some people are really underestimating Terry's striking here. Saying "he doesn't have anything" for Barboza standing is just not true. That's what's so exciting.

Agreed.  

I think some people are just looking at Etims record & assuming hes just a submission artist.

Etim has top quality striking & I predict victory for the scouser.

I just hope he doesn`t get robbed like Pearson.

Rooting for Etim, but its going to be a tough night  for him, IMO.

If its a close back-and-forth fight and it goes to the judges, home-town boy gets the win for sure.

Etim needs to finish him, or be so glaringly dominant that the judges have no choice but to give him the decision.

Fight! UK Online - I think some people are really underestimating Terry's striking here. Saying "he doesn't have anything" for Barboza standing is just not true. That's what's so exciting.

Welp....he had nothing for Barboza standing thats for sure.

ramit upper - 

Etim has top quality striking & I predict victory for the scouser.

I just hope he doesn`t get robbed like Pearson.

lol