Weekend in Rome. Suggestions? (hetero romance))

I got tricked into buying the "gf" (not married but 19 years together, mother of my kids etc) a weekend in Rome.

So what to do? Imo visiting historical sites, museums etc  (both of us have done that in the past, a decade or so last time) is for week long visits or more. We just want to chill and have a good time.

So, what are the musts re restaurants and entertainment in Rome in October?

...and coke and whores are out of the question.

Come on fuckers!

For every legit suggestion, I'll post a bundle of Italian semi-nudes (the female kind).

Rome is my favorite city in the world.

Nightime meals in the Trastevere district is a lot of fun - good people, good food, good ambiance for the woman.

Daytime excursions, check out the Piazza Navona for good knock off handbags and more importantly, local artists gather there to sell their paintings. Paintings are rolled up and placed into paper and are easy to carry around - an excellent souvenir from Rome - I literally have a wall full of them.

Dont eat and drink at the piazza navona, its an overpriced, underquality tourist trap.

Go instead to the Campo DiFiori. In the daytime its an open air produce and flower market. In the afternoon and evening its an awesome charming square lined with patios that are great for sipping vino, eating apps, and watching people. There are charming performers singing and playing music...its more for locals than the piazza navona. Campo DiFiori is one of my favorite places in Italy to kill time and people watch.

Shop up and down the via condotti in Rome, but its all expensive boutiques. Window shop if youre on a budget but its right on the route that starts at the spanish steps, trevi fountain, and dumps you into what i think is the most visually impressive sight in the whole city (maybe next to the coliseo), the awesome Pantheon

BigEyedFish - Rome is my favorite city in the world.

Nightime meals in the Trastevere district is a lot of fun - good people, good food, good ambiance for the woman.

Daytime excursions, check out the Piazza Navona for good knock off handbags and more importantly, local artists gather there to sell their paintings. Paintings are rolled up and placed into paper and are easy to carry around - an excellent souvenir from Rome - I literally have a wall full of them.

Dont eat and drink at the piazza navona, its an overpriced, underquality tourist trap.

Go instead to the Campo DiFiori. In the daytime its an open air produce and flower market. In the afternoon and evening its an awesome charming square lined with patios that are great for sipping vino, eating apps, and watching people. There are charming performers singing and playing music...its more for locals than the piazza navona. Campo DiFiori is one of my favorite places in Italy to kill time and people watch.

Shop up and down the via condotti in Rome, but its all expensive boutiques. Window shop if youre on a budget but its right on the route that starts at the spanish steps, trevi fountain, and dumps you into what i think is the most visually impressive sight in the whole city (maybe next to the coliseo), the awesome Pantheon

This man is correct.

Trastevere is nice.  Just go and walk around.  Lots of neat stuff to see.

I second the Campo DiFiori market.

My favorite square would be at the Pantheon.  The wife and I found ourselves just hanging out there whenever we needed a break from looking a rubble.

Get a espresso at Tazza d' oro near the Pantheon. 

And just across the Piazza Della Rotunda is a Antica Salumeria

Grab a sandwich and a bottle of wine/beer and chill out on the Pantheon steps.  A string quartet plays in the evening often.

Mark

Just left Rome this morning. Awesome time   Looks like you got the advice above you were looking for. If you're going yo do anything touristy, I had a great time at the Coliseum and Roman Forums. Vatican was interesting but too many fn people. Spent Monday in trastwvere and was fun. Tons of bars are restaurants.