Weidman: I'm Silva's biggest threat

I ment he beat Tony Franklund the Leben then fought for a title. My bad.

ABE FROMAN - 
mmavixen -  I am a HUGE Weidman fan!  Not only does he deserve this shot, I think he had a cahnce to beat Anderson!  Don't ask me how I know this, I just feel it in my Cuban bones!

It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that you can't get over Chael losing..........?

LOL, No.  I've actually had my eye on Weidman since Ring of Combat.  I've been a fan for a while... 

And don't get me wrong I am a fan of Anderson's.  It would just be nice to see someone else wear that middleweight belt.

nolabrum -
slugshot331 - 
nolabrum -
RandyDarsh -  Go and prove it then, talking about how silva should fight you makes you no different than the others Phone Post

I think he's calling Anderson out so he can prove it. He beat 2 top ten middleweights and is undefeated. Silva beat Chris Leben who is an awesome fighter but not top 10 at the time. But im sure youd rather watch Sivla go down to Welterweight and fight those guys down there.

Silva was the more established fighter when he came into the UFC. He beat Sakurai (who was p4p at the time), beat former UFC champ Carlos Newton, amongst others.

Silva destroyed the iron head Chris Leben in less than a minute.

That's why he got a title shot after one fight. I think it's obvious now after 6 years why he deserved that title shot. Phone Post

Silva had lost to Yushin Okami, then Beat Tony Franklund and came to the UFC and fought for a title. Exactly 3 fights before he lost to Okami he got submitted by Ryo Chonan. Get out of here with that shit. Silva did less then Weidman has done before he got his title shot. Lets just argue with facts.

Lol at 'Silva had done less'. If you truly believe that then you are simply delusional. Weidman beat Maia in a horrible fight (oh wait, he cut 30 lbs on short notice!) and he KO'd Mark Munoz, the same guy Matt Hammill KTFO, the same guy Maia rocked with his amazing, powerful hands... Mark Munoz would get rocked by a stiff breeze. That makes Weidman the next great white hope though right? Lmao. Nothing would make me happier than to see this fight so you and every other Weidman nuthugger gets their serving of crow ;) Phone Post

Not only does he think he can beat Andy, he thinks he can finish him....yeah, whatever....
Every single fighter that steps in that cage thinks the same thing...EVERY ONE!
Im just not sure this guy is aaany different.. Phone Post

slugshot331 - 
nolabrum -
slugshot331 - 
nolabrum -
RandyDarsh -  Go and prove it then, talking about how silva should fight you makes you no different than the others Phone Post

I think he's calling Anderson out so he can prove it. He beat 2 top ten middleweights and is undefeated. Silva beat Chris Leben who is an awesome fighter but not top 10 at the time. But im sure youd rather watch Sivla go down to Welterweight and fight those guys down there.

Silva was the more established fighter when he came into the UFC. He beat Sakurai (who was p4p at the time), beat former UFC champ Carlos Newton, amongst others.

That's why he got a title shot after one fight. I think it's obvious now after 6 years why he deserved that title shot. Phone Post

Silva had lost to Yushin Okami, then Beat Tony Franklund and came to the UFC and fought for a title. Exactly 3 fights before he lost to Okami he got submitted by Ryo Chonan. Get out of here with that shit. Silva did less then Weidman has done before he got his title shot. Lets just argue with facts.

Lol at 'Silva had done less'. If you truly believe that then you are simply delusional. Weidman beat Maia in a horrible fight (oh wait, he cut 30 lbs on short notice!) and he KO'd Mark Munoz, the same guy Matt Hammill KTFO, the same guy Maia rocked with his amazing, powerful hands... Mark Munoz would get rocked by a stiff breeze. That makes Weidman the next great white hope though right? Lmao. Nothing would make me happier than to see this fight so you and every other Weidman nuthugger gets their serving of crow ;) Phone Post

Silva had done less in the UFC then Weidman has(it's not like he came in as some hot undefeated prospect, he had some good wins and some shitty losses). Weidman did beat Maia in a horrible fight, it probably wasnt as boring or as horrible as when Silva beat him. Silva had a whole training camp Weidman took it on short notice. As far as mark Munoz you're just talking out of your ass now. Yeah hes been rocked a few times but he did beat Chris Leben who is known for knocking blocks off, he finished Leben withoout much trouble so whats your point. WHat makes Weidman an acceptable challeneger is that his strengths are Andersons weaknesses. I'm not a Weidman nuthugger as much as you are a Sivla nuthugger. G'day

Ymmm. Hes the number one contender. Who else deserves a shot. Someone has to fight Anderson right? Here's a novel idea. How about te #1 guy? Phone Post

Yes, in the meantime Anderson should fight Weidman.

LilBrockonmychest - 
nolabrum - 
slugshot331 - 
nolabrum -

Anderson "lost" to Okami the same was Jon Jones lost to Hammil, by smashing their faces and making them unable to continue fighting in a fight, with blows that happened to be illegal.  Dana uses his head and doesn't look at those as losses, as evidenced by JBJ still moving up the ladder after the "loss" and with Anderson on a 4 fight win streak coming in to the UFC.

NO!!! you are not comparing apples to apples. Jones Dominated Hammil from bell to bell got the takedown and was ground and pounding his way to victory. He messed up and threw some illegal elbows. Silva was dominating the stand up against Okami, Okami gets a takedown trys to set up some GNP and Silva Flagrantly fouls him. Not the same!

MMAfanWA - 
nolabrum -

By the time Silva destroyed Leben like no one had been destroyed before, he was an MMA veteran who had fought in Pride and held the Shooto MW and Cage Rage MW world titles. Weidman could be a great fight, but if he needs another win or two before he gets his shot at the GOAT, I'm cool with it. I don't want to miss out on Anderson vs GSP either Phone Post

I agree with you for the most part. What bothers me is that it's Silva's camp saying Weidman hasnt earned a shot. If Dana had came out and said Weidman needs one more win I wouldnt be upset. The fact that #1 P4P fighter in the world is trying to duck (or at least his camp) everybody makes me angry. GSP is coming back and fighting Condit, why not do GSP vs Condit and Silva vs Weidman then GSP vs SIlva. One way or another Weidman will get his shot. I just think SIlva at his prime vs Weidman makes an intresting fight.

this is for LilBrockonmychest
addressing this Anderson "lost" to Okami the same was Jon Jones lost to Hammil, by smashing their faces and making them unable to continue fighting in a fight, with blows that happened to be illegal. Dana uses his head and doesn't look at those as losses, as evidenced by JBJ still moving up the ladder after the "loss" and with Anderson on a 4 fight win streak coming in to the UFC.

Silva vs Okami 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StYulH-yKsk

I say weidman needs to fight bisping in order to get to Anderson. Bisping in my opinion should be the #1 contender he has the name and he gave chael a tough fight. Weidman has the skills to beat Anderson but everybody says the have skills until the get hit by Anderson. Phone Post

Lazer MMA -
RandyDarsh - 
nolabrum -

Yeah I'd rather see silva fight gsp,
Forgive me for wanting a super fight. Phone Post

Um, you realize with GSP first sparing yesterday and needing to unify the title first you're looking at 7-10 months out right? AS can fight both and lose nothing.

That's why I think Weidman should fight either belcher or Vitor first, I'm pretty sure Anderson has defended his belt more times than weidmans fought Phone Post

I really wish he would've dominated another top fighter to build this fight up. I don't see him having a chance, but a strong finish over a top 10 guy would've added hype

I am a huge Silva fan the guy is amazing and the best we have seen so far. But Weidman is a legit threat. Styles make fights and Weidman has the style to test Silva. All of you saying Weidman who are idiots, much less competitive fights have been sold by the Zuffa hype machine this one would be breeze. Phone Post

The way he beat Munoz earned the title shot. He can fight again in a number 1 contender match and it will not be a travesty but he earned the title shot with that performance. Phone Post

Warzone209 -  You can't compare how Anderson got a title shot back then there was like 3 fighters @ middleweight... You need a win over Franklin/Vitor or Chael for a title shot these days lets be real...beating Munoz a guy who lost to okami isn't gonna do it and dont even bring up Maia since he had to drop weight or get cut...

what did Vitor do to get his title shot? Beat Franklin at 195 catchweight. Your argument is flawed sir, Since when is losing to Okami a bad thing back then Okami had lost to Chael and Silva only. He has been in the top 10 at MW for a long time. Okami beat Munoz via split decision meaning one judge gave it to Munoz. If you have a win over Munoz @ Mw you are legit and deserving of a title shot. Lets quit Bullshittin

I am super impressed with Weidman's attitude.

In every interview I have seen of him, he comes across as super classy. It doesn't seem fake either.

That being said, I would be rooting for Anderson to smash him and then I can cheer for Weidman when he fights someone else. Phone Post

weidman needs one more fight on a big stage like fox...  weidman.boetsch on fox.

I agree, weidman looks to be Andersons biggest threat that's why this fight shouldnt happen now... nobody knows who he is.  once everyone knows he's andersons biggest threat then the hype will match the fight... if Anderson wins it will be a great addition to his legacy instead of just beating someone nobody knows... if Weidman wins then he can properly take over the crown instead of being some unknown fighter beating the champ.

i agree, impressed with that kid.

i agree, impressed with that kid.