Weidman...late stoppage???

Listen, I love this fight, I like both fighters regardless but does anyone think this fight should have been stopped in the 3rd Phone Post 3.0

I was praying Herb wouldn't stop it because the round was almost over. I think he did a great job in stopping it the second time Weidman was mounted.

I think it was the right choice but it didn't make it any easier to watch and stomach lol Phone Post 3.0

Completely agree. Huge weidman fan but that was ridiculous Phone Post 3.0

Of-course it should have been stopped in the 3rd.

The lack of stoppage was 100% political.

shatefak - I was praying Herb wouldn't stop it because the round was almost over. I think he did a great job in stopping it the second time Weidman was mounted.
/thread Phone Post 3.0

Yeah good call letting the round count out. Weidman was blocking a solid amount of those shots and was still with it during a championship fight.

Look at the damage and give Chris a chance to continue, once he was put on the mat again Herb stepped in immediately before he was mauled again.

Herb did a great job. Phone Post 3.0

People would have complained.

I think once he heard the signal for 10 seconds, he wasn't going to stop it unless he went out Phone Post 3.0

I thought Herb did a great job! He gave Weidman every possible chance in the third then when he got in the same position in the next round he waved it off. Brilliant reffing IMO.
I wouldn't have had a problem with Herb stopping it in the third but glad he didn't. Phone Post 3.0

Huge Weidman fan.

That fight should have been stopped at the end of the 3rd. Phone Post 3.0

They tend to give champs a little more time before stopping it in those situations I've noticed.  that being said, I think if the round had another 5 more seconds it would have been stopped.  It was very close.

I had no problem letting a champion have a little longer rope. Did anyone see Herb wave after the bell to end the 3rd round like it was over?

yes chris took a whuupin

never the same after one of those IMO

shatefak - I was praying Herb wouldn't stop it because the round was almost over. I think he did a great job in stopping it the second time Weidman was mounted.
Almost over? He let him get fucked up for 60 seconds too long Phone Post 3.0

All good, I throught Rockhold did enough to stop in the 3rd but understand that Herb probably seen a few shots blocked and considered that intelligent defense. Who am I to say? Let's change the tides and say Weidman wins in the 4th, would Herb's call been as respected? Phone Post 3.0

shoulda been stopped

but i ues its ok to give a long time champ in a co main event a chance...

Champ gets the benefit of the doubt, Herb knew it was close to the end of the round and when he was got mounted in the next round he was ready to stop it after like 3 punches.

Tough call but I lean towards letting it go in that case, could have gone either way, ultimately it did not effect the outcome Phone Post 3.0

Title fight. If it had have been stopped, there would be an uproar from all of the others. I said to the people I was watching with that it would have been stopped way earlier in a non title fight. It was hard to watch, but I'll give Herb Dean the respect on this one.