Weidman out of UFC 173 with injury.

The Ultimate Fighting Championship announced today that middleweight champion Chris Weidman has been forced to withdraw from his scheduled title defense against Lyoto Machida on May 24. Weidman suffered a knee injury that will require minor surgery and his bout with Machida has been rescheduled for Saturday, July 5. A new main event for UFC 173 on May 24 will be announced in the days to come. Phone Post 3.0

Beat me to it. Phone Post 3.0

For fucks sake.

MMA is really getting on my fucking nerves with the injuries and the postponing/canceling of fights.

Inject Vitor, have him fight Lyoto. Phone Post 3.0

I'm so tired of fights getting pulled because of injury Phone Post 3.0

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccckkkkkk

Madrugadao - The last guy never pulled out of fights...
He's not fighting for a while... Phone Post 3.0

Madrugadao - The last guy never pulled out of fights...

Yeah, but Chris stopped him twice.

Logic MMA - Vitor vs Lyoto FTW

Winner is the true #1 contender.

YUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This. I almost think these guys fake injuries to hold onto that belt for a longer period of time. Phone Post 3.0

This shit has made me hold off on ever buying tickets early again.

Lol why are people getting so mad that Chris is injured? It happens in this sport, the. Fighters out a lot of stress on their bodies to be the best Phone Post 3.0

If I know the UFC, and I think I do, they will now set up Lyoto and Weidman to coach TUF starting in June and they should they'll fight on the NYE card.

88samurai88 - 
This. I almost think these guys fake injuries to hold onto that belt for a longer period of time. Phone Post 3.0

maybe,did he cancel before dana said the ufc was worth 3.5 billion ?

These things happen in MMA , es normal. Phone Post 3.0

KOphil25 - I'm so tired of fights getting pulled because of injury Phone Post 3.0

Watered-down cards don't work. Here is why. Didn't tickets just go on sale?

Gives machida more time to prepare and it gives weidman fans an excuse if he loses. Phone Post 3.0

88samurai88 -
Not saying that this is the case with Chris because freak injuries can happen but one of the risks of taking "supplements" (especially if you don't know what you are doing) is the tendency to over train and the resulting extra stress the muscles put on the ligaments.
It really makes you appreciate everything about Silva even more. Phone Post 3.0

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - If I know the UFC, and I think I do, they will now set up Lyoto and Weidman to coach TUF starting in June and they should they'll fight on the NYE card.
Did you not read the part saying its now headlining the 4th of July weekend card? Phone Post 3.0

That event will not get a replacement main event. They'll just bump up Junior vs Stipe Phone Post 3.0