weidman quote from the last time he got "lucky"

"When preparation meets opportunity, that's what you consider luck. I guess if you want to call it lucky, call it lucky."

Call it a freak accident, but Weidman's quote regarding his knockout of Anderson equally applies to the check that broke Anderson's leg. He trained it. He used it at the precisely right moment. It worked, likely better than he expected, but you can't fault him for the outcome.

I would have loved to see the fight go on but Weidman's done exactly the right thing at exactly the right time in two fights with arguably the GOAT. It's silly to continue to dismiss his accomplishments.

It truly was preparation meeting opportunity.

The harder you work, the "luckier" you get. What isn't luck is Weidman whooping Andy's ass for every single minute of every single round. Phone Post 3.0

XFactah416 - It truly was preparation meeting opportunity.

The harder you work, the "luckier" you get. What isn't luck is Weidman whooping Andy's ass for every single minute of every single round. Phone Post 3.0
Hate to admit it, but it's the truth. Phone Post 3.0

Yep, CW > AS.

Cask Strength - "When preparation meets opportunity, that's what you consider luck. I guess if you want to call it lucky, call it lucky."

Call it a freak accident, but Weidman's quote regarding his knockout of Anderson equally applies to the check that broke Anderson's leg. He trained it. He used it at the precisely right moment. It worked, likely better than he expected, but you can't fault him for the outcome.

I would have loved to see the fight go on but Weidman's done exactly the right thing at exactly the right time in two fights with arguably the GOAT. It's silly to continue to dismiss his accomplishments.
I'm glad some people get it. Phone Post 3.0

jbodinet -
Cask Strength - "When preparation meets opportunity, that's what you consider luck. I guess if you want to call it lucky, call it lucky."

I'm glad some people get it. Phone Post 3.0
The thing is is that everybody gets it, their fanboy sensibilities just won't allow them to admit it to themselves.

These people aren't to be taken seriously. Phone Post 3.0