Weidman should just let it go

I think Weidman should just accept the loss instead of try to fight it. I dont think he really has a leg to stand on other than some small technicality regarding replays.

I dont think this will help his career or make him any new fans. I think CW has already hurt his market ability and if he keeps pushing this he will damage it more.

3 losses is probably a huuuge pay cut

its worth it for him to appeal

He should retire.. he's taken some bad blows to the head already! Last 3 fights were like 3 bad car accidents.

“I thought I was going to win because of an illegal knee.”

“I’ve been through way worse than that. If it was a legal knee, I would’ve loved to just keep fighting. It shouldn’t have been stopped.”

wasnt a a huge fan before, but after that^ I hope gegard smashes him again. I know what his coach would have to say...

He really needs this win, hence why he embellished the damage.

209ese - He needs to go to bellator and get away from usada and become a champion again.

or just go a few fights without needing a surgery and not face a game moose

Weidman 205lbs

I've seen NCs for way worse endings than that

Worth pursuing $$wise

Why wouldn't he appeal it? The situation was a clusterfuck.

Weidman in negotiations with AKhmat?

Not a big fan of Weidman and was cheering for Mousasi.

However he gets some sympathy in this case. Fans have been ridiculously harsh.

Trying to ground himself to avoid getting kneed is a shit move but he clearly thought it was legit and the referee gave him 5 mins.

Makes zero sense not to milk it and get his bearings back after 2 knees to the head . Most pros will do the same if rocked and the ref gave them 5 mins.

Was handled poorly after that by the officials and docs.

shawarma - Not a big fan of Weidman and was cheering for Mousasi.

Trying to ground himself to avoid getting kneed is a shit move but he clearly thought it was legit and the referee gave him 5 mins.

Makes zero sense not to milk it and get his bearings back after 2 knees to the head . Most pros will do the same if rocked and the ref gave them 5 mins.

Shit move thats legal. Fuck benson did it to frankie, happens a lot.. nut i agree with the rest.

THP - Why wouldn't he appeal it? The situation was a clusterfuck.

dermotfix -

I've seen NCs for way worse endings than that

Worth pursuing $$wise

What would make it a N.C? What was done that would nullify that decision?

Wasa-B -
THP - Why wouldn't he appeal it? The situation was a clusterfuck.

Well because he was legitimately beaten. It's really not that much of a clusterfuck. He was damaged with a legal strike, the doctor determined tge damage was too bad too continue.

I loved the guy because I think Silva is a jerk, but I fear he's done.

Not like any appeal would work.

Shanebone -
shawarma - Not a big fan of Weidman and was cheering for Mousasi.

Shit move thats legal. Fuck benson did it to frankie, happens a lot.. nut i agree with the rest.

Exactly it's not a shit move it's a fucking strategy. It's called using the rules to your advantage but Unfortunately it backfired on him because of the new rule changes and the ref. 

Who is he appealing to? The NY commission? LOLOLOLOLOL 

They just retro'd the rule to say video is legal.

His appeal will be shot down as it should be. He got caught with a legal knee, sucks for him that he got his hopes up about getting a DQ over it but thats the price for playing the game